Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Forester
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Cahlash
AF Newbie

Unhappy 99 subaru forester

About a year ago I bought my forester due to my hyundai getting totaled when t-boned going through an intersection.

Anyways.. I had the car, it ran great, never had any problems. i bought it with about 119k miles on it. Last October it started overheating, and my dad and I replaced the head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, intake and exaust gaskets. Ran BEAUTIFULLY. Not another problem.

Until about a week ago. I drove it from my parents house down to my new home in seattle, no issues. Drove it the next day to a job interview. No issues. Was driving home, in stop and go traffic, when the back hatch of the car was blocked by a ton of white smoke. I pulled the car over, killed the engine. There was no over heating, no lights came on, nothing. This was completely out of the blue. I look under my car once it's safely on the side of the highway.. and there is a huge puddle of something. Further inspection reveals it's the transmission fluid.

Now. I had the car towed home, and it's sitting right now, still dripping from the drivers side anytime I turn the car on and put it into drive or one of the lower gears. I'm praying i just need to replace a seal or a hose somewhere, but can't seem to find a chilton manual or anything for the car.

So here I am, asking for some diagnostic advice. I don't have the money to fully replace the transmission, let alone buy a new car. :c please help!
Cahlash is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1999 , forester , problem , transmission
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Forester