Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Subie1993
AF Newbie

2007 wrx cv joint or transmission?

OK guys. So I have a 2007 wrx with a good amount of mods. I just need maybe another opinion before I make my decision. I know I need a new cv shaft due to my boot being torn and clicking if I turn that's a given. But I recently put a new comp clutch and lightweight flywheel in. (Stage 2 clutch). Today while I was driving I got on it 1st through 3rd. After I was slowing down this constant clicking occurred almost like when you were young and stuck a card between your spokes on your pedal bike..only when my car is rolling. Cv shaft did not explode it's still in the spindle. It does sound like it's coming towards the front but ever since this occurred my shifting into 3rd feels a little weird. Sometimes it Will grind lightly. And it's only the most loud in 3rd. Brand new clutch and flywheel and throw out bearing were just done about a month go. So can a cv shady affect shifting..only in third gear and like I said when I'm in 3rd it's the most loud with the clicking.
Subie1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
Subie1993
AF Newbie

Re: 2007 wrx cv joint or transmission?

Bueler? Lol
Subie1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Impreza/9-2x/Outback Sport