Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Nova | Prizm | Spectrum | Sprint
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
treatman01
AF Newbie

1996 Geo Prism starting problem

I have a reacurring problem, one day my prism wouldn't start, we had it jumped and it ran for awhile then the radio cut out and then the car died. it wouldn't restart, no power, no clicks nothing, then a couple hours later it started no problem. sometimes it starts now, sometimes it doesn't, but when it does, its a good start not a hard start. prior to this i installed a new battery, and after this i have had the battery and alternator tested: both in working condition and correct voltages. I'm at a loss, any help would be great, Thank You.
treatman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
lv2snwbrd
AF Newbie

Re: 1996 Geo Prism starting problem

I'm sure that you have fixed this by now. If not, I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I have a mid 90's Prizm as well. The car had sat for two years before I bought it. Shortly after I bought the thing I had the same exact problem that you are talking about. With my car it ended up being the starter. From the research that I did when I was troubleshooting my problem, I found that this is a common problem with these cars and it is almost always the starter. If this happens to anyone else I would suggest just giving the starter a few taps with a hammer and see if it starts up.