Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
Question about tranny swap

I have a friend who needs a new transmission (has no reverse) for his 93 ZJ 5.2L (46RH) and he does not have the money to get a good used one from the salvage yard, well I have a 44RE from a 96 or 97 5.2L which I told him I would sell him cheap if it will work, I know it will bolt up to his block fine, but the Torque Converter will not bolt up and I told him he will have to get a new flywheel from a 96 or later 5.2L. Which is fine the question is does anyone know how the trannmission will function (shift, etc.), OK? Being that they are 2 different transmissions.

Joe

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
CoachKarl
AF Regular

Re: Question about tranny swap

Please try the "search this forum". Plug in "Flywheel & Bolts". I hit a link from a fellow, with a question and similar problem. Says "urgent" in the subject line. That "search" thing only shows up after you join the forum. I've found that feature of this forum more useful than my shop manuals. Post back any more questions.

CoachKarl
CoachKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
Re: Question about tranny swap

I did try to search for it but could not find anything.

I did however find something on another forum where a guy swapped a tranny but he said it was for his 94 (46RH) for a 46RH out of another 94 but on the TC it mentioned it was from a 96 and if replacing to be sure to use a TC from a 96, Well they didn't use the 46RH in the 96 models and a TC from a 44RE would not fit in a 46RH - this I know for sure because I have tried.

I just need to know if anyone knows if there will be any shifting problem with doing this.

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8