Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
1500ram
AF Newbie

Need help picking the right vehicle

The good news is that my wife and I are expecting. As luck would have it-we are expecting more than one...three to be exact.

I currently own a Dodge truck and a MB E class, neither of which are suitable to handle three car seats. Can anyone suggest a vehicle-preferably 4 or AWD that can hold three car seats without too much hassle? I am going to check out the Chevy Tahoe soon, so that is the sort of line I am interseted in.

Please-NO MINIVANS. Thanks.
1500ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
SweetSalesWoman
AF Newbie

Re: Need help picking the right vehicle

I completely understand your concern. The Chevy Tahoe is a great vehicle. It's ability to hold 3 carseats across is a different issue. I have had a lot of consumers trying to solve this problem. Here are my findings about the Tahoe/Escalade/Yukon (all the same GM vehicle):

1. If you intend to put the seats, 3 side-by-side, in the 2nd row of the vehicle, you cannot utilize the 3rd row without removing the carseats.

2. Almost every brand of carseats is too wide to fit 3 without one being cockeyed and improperly secured.

3. The layout of the vehicle does not provide for anyone to be seated next to or behind the childseats in order to tend to them if needed.

There are alternate vehicles but it is really going to depend on your parenting techniques. I would suggest looking at something a bit more conservative on fuel, better crash test ratings, and a more attractive price tag. There are plenty of vehicles in that category.

Something like the Chrysler Pacifica or the Ford Freestyle crossover SUV's will have the dual captain's chairs in the middle and a dual bench 3rd row. The benefit to this is that you can have 2 children in the 3rd row, 1 in the 2nd, room for an adult that can access the children and focus solely on that in the 2nd row AND have everyone properly secured. I would no longer suggest minivans because within the next 2 years there will only be 2 manufacturers making them. Ford and Chevy are completely dropping them and there is only 1 import company continuing as well. Everyone is focusing on a move towards the crossover. The Ford Freestyle also has a nifty mirror (where most vehicles would have a sunglass compartment) that allows you to see the activity in the entire backseat from the driver's seat without turning around. These vehicles have better test ratings on crashes, tip, and much better MPG. Also, a great money and sanity saving tip is to look at vehicles with <name of company removed by moderator- unauthorized advertising>. If you are looking to buy anything used, we sell the top 1% of the fleet (vehicles with perfect maintenance and damage history) at amazing prices with a buyback guarantee. Feel free to ask more questions but I think that should help you!

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 07-18-2007 at 01:58 PM.
SweetSalesWoman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A