Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 12:15 PM   #16
dodgerox
AF Newbie

All i have to say is: DODGE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dodgerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:29 PM   #17
hiphophomer
Banned

Re: West Coast Choppers Viper (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 10
Skaala:

I've seen a few tuner cars up close and personal (right down to the internals). It is my opinion that most of the Viper consumer market are nothing but glorified ricers (I am referring to their crappy attitudes). IMO there are very few "tuners" that I would trust in the Viper community. This car seems to attract very dishonest people who look at each car like it was the golden goose.

The basis of my comments is that almost all of the tuners are engine guys who don't know squat about chassis or suspension. They design engine that exceed the chassis and suspensions ability to keep everyting on the road and under control.

The reliabilty of these cars is greatly impacted when going to forced induction or NOS (period). 95% of the people who do this to their cars don't drive them (or know how to drive them). They are a bunch of arrogant "wine & cheese" crowd people who sit around polishing their Snakes in the garage with a cotton diaper. They live to build the best dyno queen that can't get power to the ground.

The Viper was designed to be a road racing vehilce. It was never designed to run straight lines. You can put $20,000 into a POS late '60s Camaro and beat a Viper. When the Snake is on a road racing venue, it is truly in its element (as long as the driver respects the torque and handling capabilities. It'll teach you how little you know about high performance driving.

My recommendation is to invest your money into driving schools and chassis, suspension and brakes (I prefer Stop Tech because they actually perform). I personally like John Archer of Archer Racing (based in Minnesota). They are honest and very knowledgeable on Vipers suspension and chassis. Stay away from the dyno whores on these BB's.

If you have to go with an engine tuner, I would suggest Lingenfelter, Levin (I have also heard good things about Heffner, but have not seen his work first hand). I have talked on numerous occasions to John Lingenfelter (before his tragic accident last year) and have met Doug Levin on a several occasions. These people are honest and trustworthy human beings who do good work. They also stand behind their products.

If you can think of all of the ways that someone can cheat you out of your money, think of the rest of the Viper tuners.

Case in point, the dyno whores love the small HP gain that you get from exhaust upgrades, but they forget to tell you that it adds 120 pounds of additional rolling weight to your car with stainless steel. One popular exhaust maker has 3 different configurations of headers for Viper and yet has never dyno tested any of them to determine the true performance of each of them.

How does a 1,000 HP Viper not break 10 seconds on a race prepped track? Because it is using OE transmission and rearends.... A 1,000 HP car should be running consistant 7 seconds (if not faster). It'll never perform until they go to a 4 link reaend and a racing transmission like a Lenco. I laugh when I see the number of tuners that take such a long time to learn the value of intercooling... it's because their customers are stupid and don't know any better. Why would anyone put a non-intercooled blower on a creampuff car without dropping the compression ratio? Someone who is very stupid...

That's my $.02. Flame suit on.
man your so right well i think any sports car faster than a vette should be kept stock because whats the point of wasting $80k+and not being able to turn only go fast stright and die....but if its like a vette or camaro you should prolly get it into a lingenfelter maybe then add some awsome brakes suspension etc. that all i got to say...
hiphophomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:51 PM   #18
hiphophomer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasF355F1
I saw that show, i was like HOLY FU**ING SH*T!!! Jesse is an overall terrific custom builder weather it be bikes or anything else.
except on taht shitty ass toyota tacoma they worked on OMG WHY PICK THE WORLDS SHITTEST PICKUP FOR A TERMINATIOR THING THEY SHOULDA USED AT LEAST A v10 ford f350 or a 3500 gmc or chevy!...
hiphophomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 06:34 AM   #19
shavy14
AF Newbie

i like the viper! its different thats wat makes it look good!
anyways, im new and my favorite car is the Dodge Viper GT2.
talk to me about Dodge Vipers, i plan to get one wen im older, even if i hav to go to the junk yard and build it myself! give me advice, i need it!
shavy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 02:56 PM   #20
s4fanatic27
AF Enthusiast

yea thats a sick car, i was wondering viper 10 do u live in orange county because i have a car that looks exactly the same . Its a sick looking viper
s4fanatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:54 AM   #21
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4fanatic27
yea thats a sick car, i was wondering viper 10 do u live in orange county because i have a car that looks exactly the same . Its a sick looking viper

I live in Manhattan Beach, but drive it daily. It's being completely repainted in the same color and 5 gallons of clear coat. It'll be ready to pick up once I get back from SEMA in Las Vegas.

Thanks for the compliment.

Brad

Viper 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:24 AM   #22
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavy14
i like the viper! its different thats wat makes it look good!
anyways, im new and my favorite car is the Dodge Viper GT2.
talk to me about Dodge Vipers, i plan to get one wen im older, even if i hav to go to the junk yard and build it myself! give me advice, i need it!
Just curious, but what about the GT2 do you like better than the new SRT-10?
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:04 PM   #23
Guyanson_Mendiola
AF Enthusiast

must be owned by Jesse James.
Guyanson_Mendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:27 AM   #24
Chavez408
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Chavez408 Send a message via Yahoo to Chavez408
thats a sick car! but the color...not my style but its nice and clean

Originally Posted by Delerious93integra
and if DSM's are so great.. then why doesn't everyone own one
?

^^^ WOW!!! ^^^
Chavez408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:28 PM   #25
86turbo944
AF Newbie

Skaala

I posted this in another forum, but I'll post it again since you are interested in Hennessey Motorsports:

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE INSANE TO SEND YOUR CAR TO JOHN HENNESSEY! ANY CAR! EVEN SENDING A KIA TO HIM FOR AN OIL CHANGE IS A BAD MOVE (if he did Kia oil changes)!

Hennessey Motorsports IS A TUNER TO STAY AWAY FROM AT ALL COSTS!

http://www.davidawilks.com/Autoweek.html

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t39700.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/article...article_id=2844

THIS ONE IS A MUST READ
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sh...h=true#Post9513

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sh...true#Post309986

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sh...h=true#Post9249

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sh...h=true#Post9316
Old 02-02-2004, 11:20 AM   #26
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

the first link is the only valid one.. the second one is a repeat of the first, and the others are all dead links. Good story for the first one though. Maybe I'll just move to texas before gettin my viper worked on.. jk!
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster