Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 08:33 PM   #1
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
blown plug

this happened quite some time ago but i felt like talkin bout it. i was leavin from school one day in a hurry to get to football practice, as usualy i floored it, all of a sudden this loud ass putting noise like a lawnmower annoyed me, so i pulled over and checked it all out and the plug was hangin out, i was just kind like, oh shit, my spark plug blew out, so i get to football, drove a mile and a half listenin to that, then i examined the plug and it had the threads on it so me and a few friends figured the block threads were stripped, and this sucked, cuz it was the second from the back on the passenger side, one of the hardest to get to. so i drive down to a gas station cuz i did'nt have a socket and a guy put it in and said he just couldn't get it to tighten up. he said he could heli coil it but that would be quite expensive so i drove home at that time and grabbed a few old spark plugs that were in the truck cuz that has a 350 too. then that night i tell my parents and dad told me to stop and pick up some new plugs and we would jb weld the one back in there since i wont be drivin it much more and it has 161,000 miles on it. well i stopped that afternoon to get them and the guy that runs the auto parts store is a good friend so we sat and bullshitted for a while, and i just happen to take a plug out and notice that the threaded area is only about half an inch tall or w/e and said that they didn't look anywhere near the same so i go and grab one out of the car and compare them and him having the expertise said that they were the wrong spark plugs in there and that they were for a 5.7 liter Vortech engine, so it's kinda like, well what kinda dumbass put them in there, so i get home and change them and dad made me take them all back out to measure the gap, but that was 4 months ago probably and haven't had a problem since.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical