Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 08:47 PM   #31
F20C
AF Enthusiast

I seen those pics as well.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:43 PM   #32
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by F20C
I seen those pics as well.
They were taken last summer at Willow Springs Raceway. The weekend before two Vipers were totalled on the same back straight.

Brad

Old 11-28-2001, 02:58 AM   #33
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Was the Viper yellow?
Old 11-28-2001, 03:03 AM   #34
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

I think that they were both blue. I was not at the track that weekend, but it was a VCA event that it happened at. They took the wrong line up through turn 6 and hit the back wall (after plowing the back 40).

Brad

Old 11-28-2001, 11:25 PM   #35
F20C
AF Enthusiast

What are the clubs for Viper owners?
Old 11-29-2001, 12:51 AM   #36
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

The only club that I know of is the Viper Club of America. Their web site is http://www.viperclub.org.

I don't hang out with these people. Not my style. I like the people who don't take themselves too seriously.

Brad

Old 11-29-2001, 08:09 AM   #37
CHRIS200T
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to CHRIS200T Send a message via Yahoo to CHRIS200T
I heard Vipers have alot the the same suspention components as the Dodge Dikota pick up truck!! Is this true??? thats what I have heard form someone forgot where Just curious.

PS: 6 extra cylenders!! For what??? Its good to know my 4 cylender makes more HP then a viper and gets on avarange 24/29 city/freeway gas milage.
92 Sentra SE-R Almost stock
-
91 NX2000 SR20VE VVL Powered 177WHP almost stock (Girlfriends Car)
Old 11-29-2001, 09:23 AM   #38
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Well you modded the hell out of your car. And you have more HP than a stock RT-10, go against the GTS, GT2, Vennom 805, or the GTS-R.

The Viper has more potential than your car does.
As for the suspension. Where did you hear that?
Old 11-29-2001, 09:32 AM   #39
CHRIS200T
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon
Well you modded the hell out of your car. And you have more HP than a stock RT-10, go against the GTS, GT2, Vennom 805, or the GTS-R.

The Viper has more potential than your car does.
As for the suspension. Where did you hear that?
Well it better have more potential with 6 more cylenders. Thats a lame uncompairable statement. I talked to some guy on the phone one evening for about 3 hours who works for quite a few large magazines such as road & track and Car & Driver etc. He does freelance work so he claims. We got to talking about how thay where doing this big Supercar compairison test drive for the magazine and he invited me to come drive the cars. But of course it was on a weekday and I had to work. So we got to talking and he mentioned about the Viper and what a peace of shit it was and how the suspention was shaired in some way by the dekota and the engine was form some 70's technology car with 2 cylenders graphed on. Some wild claims.
-
Old 11-29-2001, 10:51 AM   #40
Polygon
The Red Baron

Well, I meant that as in if you mod the Viper as much as you have modded your car it would probably not be street legal.

As for the suspension, that is strange. I will admit that the Viper's handling isn't the best but I doubt that it could do 1.03 Gs on the Dakota suspension.

Interesting to say the least.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:04 PM   #41
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Chris:

What are you smoking? The comments that you state are totally off of the wall.

First of all, the pushrod V-10 that is in the Viper is based on the legendary 360 V-8. The intake and conversion from cast iron to aluminum was facilitated by Dodge and Lamborghini (which Chrysler owned at the time). Did your bright freelance writer mention anything about the hemi head construction on the Viper powerplant? Look at Chrysler's track record in racing. There is not a single factory (including Porsche and Ferrari) that can match Chrysler's dominance in racing (ala NASCAR, NHRA and more recently Le Mans and ALMS). The Dodge Superbirds were going over 230 mph in the 1960's.

You seem to be under the ricer dillusions that the technologies like W engines, VTEC, hybrids are all new. Get a life! The W engines and VTEC were developed in the 1930's! Hybrids have also been around since the 1930's. Audi had racers running over 230 mph in the 1930's. Stop believing all of the crap that is printed in those stupid car rags and do some real homework. They are nothing but propoganda and high paid advertising.

As for your comments about taking a six banger engine and making it put out more than a Viper (GTS-R or Venom), you are absolutely right. If you have enough money, you can do this to any engine or car (if you want it to perform better than a Viper). The problem is that it will not be street legal (as Polygon said), and it will be unreliable as hell. It will never produce comparable torque numbers because it lacks cubic inches. You also forget to mention that you will have to spool up your engine to 4,500 rpmm to even touch the torque and power curve. On a Viper you get 490+ lb-ft of torque from idle (450 rpm) to 5,400 rpm.

Since when does a Dakota truck have a coil-over Koni suspension? Since when did they have a double A-arm layout that had a lower A-arm that was comparable in size to a NASCAR race car (2 1/2 inches wide by 1 1/2 inches tall at the base)? What in the hell are you talking about? Why don't you mention that the Viper shares things like:
- the mirrors with the Stealth
- the emergency brake from a Caravan
- the gas cap from a minivan
- the turn signal from a ...
- the license plate frame from a Yugo?

What's your point? What are you trying to say (or are you just here to make insinuations about Chrysler's engineering or quality)? Are you insinuating that a Dakota handles as well as a Viper or vice versa? As Polygon said, since when can a Dakota pull 1.03 G's on a skidpad? You know the answer.

In the end, you can make any piece of sh*t put out more power or even go faster than a stock Viper (BFD). The bottom line is that it will probably cost you more than a Viper to make, and that in the end it will still be a piece of sh*t. Quit trying to demonstrate your ignorance in places like this and do your homework. You are way too predictable in your ricer argument. I am truly surprised that you didn't mention anything about HP/liter or cubic inch? If you made these statements at the Viper BB or the Mopar web sites, they would rip you a new sphincter.

Get a life! Go back to the toilet and do some more arm chair quarterbacking. If you read enough, maybe one of those rags will give you a job spewing their pabulum.

Old 11-29-2001, 01:12 PM   #42
CHRIS200T
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Viper 10
Chris:

Thay where not my coments 1st of all. Thay where thing I heard of so I thought I would ask and you get all defencive. WTF???? All I was trying to imply was that what someone told me was so far out I wanted to conferm his bullshit talk. I see the guy from time to time and want to tell him he is full of shit to his face . Personaly I don't like the guy after meeting him for the 1st time.
-
Old 11-29-2001, 01:26 PM   #43
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by CHRIS200T

Thay where not my coments 1st of all. Thay where thing I heard of so I thought I would ask and you get all defencive. WTF???? All I was trying to imply was that what someone told me was so far out I wanted to conferm his bullshit talk. I see the guy from time to time and want to tell him he is full of shit to his face . Personaly I don't like the guy after meeting him for the 1st time.
Chris:

There isn't much constructive discussion that could come out of raising garbage like that. If you post opinions that aren't yours, then say so. The assumption is that if you post it (and don't say anything like what do you think? or something else), then why shouldn't I believe that it is also your opinion? The stuff that you heard is total garbage and it is a debate that is not based on facts or intelligent and rational thought.

What if I said that I heard from someone say that your car was once a beer can, what would you say? The only thing that I will apologize for is the gravity of my reply. Think about your post before you throw it on a BB, or stand back and wait to get get replies like mine.

By the way, your friend is full of poop.

Brad

Old 11-29-2001, 02:22 PM   #44
Polygon
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by Viper 10
Chris:

First of all, the pushrod V-10 that is in the Viper is based on the legendary 360 V-8. The intake and conversion from cast iron to aluminum was facilitated by Dodge and Lamborghini (which Chrysler owned at the time). Did your bright freelance writer mention anything about the hemi head construction on the Viper powerplant? Look at Chrysler's track record in racing. There is not a single factory (including Porsche and Ferrari) that can match Chrysler's dominance in racing (ala NASCAR, NHRA and more recently Le Mans and ALMS). The Dodge Superbirds were going over 230 mph in the 1960's.

You seem to be under the ricer dillusions that the technologies like W engines, VTEC, hybrids are all new. Get a life! The W engines and VTEC were developed in the 1930's! Hybrids have also been around since the 1930's. Audi had racers running over 230 mph in the 1930's. Stop believing all of the crap that is printed in those stupid car rags and do some real homework. They are nothing but propoganda and high paid advertising.
Ah, yes. This was what I was thinking it just didn't want to come out.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:00 AM   #45
Hell Viper
AF Newbie

Dodge Vipers are cool.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster