Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car would you put your money on?
1996 Toyota Supra 700WHP+ 9 45.00%
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer 550AWHP+ 1 5.00%
2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 640WHP+ 6 30.00%
2002 BMW M3 450WHP+ 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 03:36 AM   #1
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

The Battle

You have $500 and you want to place a bet on a race, but before you even consider to bet any money, you need to look over and get more information on each car.

The first car you look over is a 1996 Toyota Supra, first thing you notice is the HKS front mounted intercooler and you find out that this Supra is equipped with a HKS T51R single turbo. This turbo can make huge power. This Supra has a long list of HKS parts, including BOV, VPC, 272 Cams, Exhaust, and Boost Controller. The car also has RT Down Pipe, PHR 5/8 Satin Fuel Rail and 850cc Seimand Injectors. The list goes on for this Supra, which is also rolling on 18 inch Volk SE 37s and Nitto Tires. You’ve seen this Supra before, and know it’s making some where between 700WHP-800WHP and easily hits 10s all day at a drag strip.

The next car you check out is a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. You notice that this Evolution has some serious work done to it. You hearing rumors that this Evolution may be the fastest and quickest one in the USA. The front mounted intercooler has been replaced with a big Greddy front mounted intercooler and intercooler piping. You check under the hood and there’s a Greddy T67 25G Turbo waiting to spool. The car is also equipped with HKS Racing Suction Kit, HKS 272 Cams, HKS Adjustable Cam Gears Tannabe Ultra Medalion Exhaust and Tannabe Turbine Tube Down Pipe, Greddy Boost Controller, Greddy BOV, Greddy 600cc Injectors, AEM EMS ECU, Fidanza Light Weight Clutch, HKS GD Max Clutch and more. You now see why this car may be the fastest Evolution in the USA, EVOs with less modifications have layed down 450AWHP to 500AWHP and run low 11s and high 10s, this EVO could be making more than 550AWHP and 10 second 1/4 mile slips.

Now you set your sites on a 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. Stock these cars come equipped with a supercharged 8-Cylinder making well over 300WHP. You start a conversation with the owner and find out this car is no where near stock and the stock supercharger has been replaced with a Kenne Bell Supercharger and Kenne Bell Pulley. The engine management is taken care of by a Diablo Chip. Stock air filter has been replaced with a K&N air filter. Magna Flow X-Pipe with High Flow Cats and a Magna Flow Exhaust replace the stock unit. For extra spark, there is a MSD Ignition System with NGK Iriduim Spark Plugs. Also this car has 55Lb Fuel Injectors from Apten and a RAM 900 Clutch. What does all this mean, well the owner tells you 648WHP and consistent 10s in the 1/4 mile.

Last car you check and possibly the wild card is a 2002 BMW M3. It’s the wild card because it’s not known just how much power or how fast it is, this car also has the least amount of modifications, but it could still be lethal. First off you notice that this M3 is supercharged, with Active Autowerke C38 Supercharger. This car also has GruppeM Titanium Exhaust System, GruppeM Ramcharger Intake, and Conforti Shark Injector Engine Management. Not a lot, but maybe enough to push this M3 over 450WHP.

So who would you bet on, who do you think would win? This comparison is different, it’s an attempt to see how cars stack up to each other when tuned. If you know tuning, you should know that the car with the more power doesn’t always win.

Last edited by 3000ways; 06-01-2004 at 09:40 AM.
3000ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:53 AM   #2
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

This is a tough choice for me, for all the cars would be really fast. I'm favoring the Supra and Cobra more because it is a 1/2 mile race, but I also know that when an EVO is tuned it can gain alot of top end power and easily hang with the Supra and Cobra. Also an EVO recently ran a 10.9@132MPH and I believe that car was just shy of 500AWHP, a 550AWHP+ EVO would be a mid to low 10 second car. So that's my choice.
3000ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #3
christophv
AF Enthusiast

I'd bet on the supra.
it probably won't pull quite as much as the cobra, but it'll probably have a better, faster launch.

oh well, it probably depends on the driver. a supra with a T51 and 850cc injectors and on the other side the V8.
hard decision, the longer I think about it, I won't bet/race beforce I saw both cars launching

cu
christophv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:41 PM   #4
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: The Battle

The guy on the Office chair....

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:04 AM   #5
3kgt8
AF Enthusiast

responding your own thread already? thats funny!!
3kgt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:06 AM   #6
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blindside.AMG
I always choose the American V8 in a drag race.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:38 AM   #7
deadlight
AF Enthusiast

^What he said. Although on the other hand, the Mitsu would get the best launch I would think, if the Supra or Cobra spins/bogs too bad out of the hole they won't catch it, my money's still on the Cobra however. Either way this sounds like the goddamn fast and the furious, get this shit on tape.