Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
dmanzzz
AF Newbie

87 b2000 over heating problem

i have a overheating problem on a 87 b2000 motor, just replaced the head and got all running great, but then started overheating...any ideas
dmanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
mazb26i
AF Newbie

Re: 87 b2000 over heating problem

Did you replace the thermostat? Was there any stop leak in the cooling system before you replaced the head? If so, you're radiator may be plugged. Is the fan pulling air through the radiator good? Maybe there is debris built up on the front of the radiator. Since you just replaced the head, are you sure the head gasket sealed? Do a radiator pressure test to see if it holds pressure without the engine running. Also check the radiator cap to see if it is still holding pressure to whatever the rating is on it.
mazb26i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #3
dmanzzz
AF Newbie

New Rad Cap, New Thermastat, Radiator Is Flowing Good, Didn't Run A Presure Check, Will Do That...no Stop Leak...all New Hoses...got Me, Unless The Head Cracked...
dmanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
zoom zoom zoom
AF Newbie

unless it has been replaced on that model with a timing belt the water pump is probably bad mine acted crazy different temps all the time then the water pump fell apart
zoom zoom zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
cleantimestream
AF Newbie

Another possibility ,,,,,,,, sigh happened to me with an 87 celica ,,,,,,, they shaved the heads down to far thereby creating more heat that cannot be carried away by mere water ........... take thermostat out and see if runs hot at idle {worst case scenario},,,,,,,,,,, You already made mention water is flowing across radiator,
cleantimestream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #6
Kyrasis6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kyrasis6

Is the air vent on the thermostat at the 12 O'clock position? What percentage of water to anti-freeze are you running? Have you checked ignition timing? Taken the fan shroud off and blasted through the back of the radiator with a hose to get all the bugs out of the front? Have water leaking out any of the core plugs or comming out of the recovery bottle?

Where is your temp running on the gauge? About 1/4"-1/2" is normal, most trucks run closer to half.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
BillyDCJ
AF Newbie

My little mazda overheated with a new radiator, waterpump, thermostat, then I flushed the whole system over and over again without the thermostat installed after a while, and all kinda stuff coming out of the motor you couldnt beg it to run hot. i did use 1 bottle of zerex system flush.
BillyDCJ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter