Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mystique
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
big daddy666
AF Newbie

1998 Mystique running hot

My 1998 4 cyl. is running hot . it never gets above the "A" in NORMAL of the Temperature guage. I replaced the Thermostat and pressure flushed the radiator (which has good flow), I checked all the hoses and all appeared good. I also made sure the cooling fan is working, it is. Does anyone know anything about the sensors that control the cooling of the engine? The check engine light is not on. We just replaced all the Timing assembly (belt,Pulleys, everything). Also the A/C compressor went out so I by passed it with a shorter accessory belt until I can afford to have it fixed (clutch). Please help as I am afraid I may warp the head because of the running hot! Thank You!!!!!!!
big daddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #2
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec
Re: 1998 Mystique running hot

if it doesn't get past A don't worry about it.. Mine runs there all day every day and has since 96'

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mystique