Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 09:04 PM   #31
Muscletang
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1mazda93rx7
oh jeez c'mon you can do that with a alot of cars, like the 2.5 wrx sti which is not far from the same peformance spec as cobra and price.You also comapre the little 3.0 toyota supra v6 which runs mid 13's stock. Maybe we should bump the engines up some liters too. the mustang still is going stong because all the crappy v6 sales thats the only reason. ford should only sell the cobras. IMO the cobra is a good buy for performance, but ill pay little more for a car with class.
I didn't mean to piss you off ls1. It's just you hear people complaining that the Cobra had to be supercharged just to compete. Well it has a smaller engine so it needed to make it up somehow.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:30 PM   #32
ls1mazda93rx7
AF Enthusiast

Re: Is the 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra the best straightline performance car ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletang
I didn't mean to piss you off ls1. It's just you hear people complaining that the Cobra had to be supercharged just to compete. Well it has a smaller engine so it needed to make it up somehow.
ok ok i get you point
ls1mazda93rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:29 PM   #33
M3FordBoy
AF Regular

Re: Is the 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra the best straightline performance car ever?

I think the Supercharged VS. N/A is a stupid argument because the motor is built with SC in mind lower compresion and such. The Cobra motors are also hand built by two man teams both names engraved on the motor. The Cobra is not the faster strait line performer of all, but it is very fast for the price. And the 1999 up Lightnings do use a 5.4L with SC. Also Saleen is releasing a S-281E I think thats what it is called, but anyway it has 500hp. The E stand for Exstream or something like that.
A20a1 5spd Daily Driver
'68 Ford Galaxie 500 XL
390fe C6 First Car/Project Car

See/hear the ride.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0C-qxj6qA
M3FordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #34
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Is the 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra the best straightline performance car ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon

2. The reason I brought up the Viper was because the thread starter claimed that the Mustang had more HP than the Z06 and the Viper, which isn't true. Also, the RT-10 retailed for around $50,000. Now the Viper costs a lot more than the Mustang these days because they are hand built and they do have things like a performance exhaust. They aren't just going to throw in a ton of extras for free. The Viper and the Corvette are not in the same class as the Mustang. Also, the Viper does not come with a performance chip. Let's also not forget that the Mustang is supercharged while the Viper and Corvette are N/A. Add a supercharger to those and see what happends. Arguments like that can go both ways.
Are you talking factory rated horsepower, then yes the Z06 does make f more power, but in reality the Cobras are underrated and have been posting similiar or on more than one occasion higher dyno numbers.

Example- http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=149983

There are many more examples of this, the Cobras have been putting down dyno numbers anywhere from 360RWHP to 390RWHP, and I'm sorry 360RWHP or 390RWHP does not equal 390 Flywheel HP. Not trying to argue, just putting that out.
3000ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:30 AM   #35
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
I'll say a couple things here...

1. The original thread poster did not ask if this was the fastest 1/4 production car ever he is asking you to look at the whole package of original price, what can be done wit the car, and how cheapily it can be done.

2. Comparing Viper and Vettes is not winning on 2 fronts because of a.) The much greater cost of either b.) The Cobra could be in the 10's with the money difference between them.(All this thread was about was 1/4)

3. Stop bitching about the S/C you fucking whiney ass panzies!!! Hey a Viper has 8.0L and new LS2 is a 6.0L but your gonna whine about the 4.6L have a S/C...... that's like me crying about and STI or EVO having a turbo.

4. Naming old cars as faster.... well #1 many of you forget what these old cars sold for new back in the day and how expensive they really were. With simple inflation calculated in many of them are way beyond the Cobra's price.

I dunno if the 03-04 Cobra is the best ever but top #5 easy unless your just biased.

GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:10 AM   #36
Muscletang
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang
3. Stop bitching about the S/C you fucking whiney ass panzies!!! Hey a Viper has 8.0L and new LS2 is a 6.0L but your gonna whine about the 4.6L have a S/C...... that's like me crying about and STI or EVO having a turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang
I dunno if the 03-04 Cobra is the best ever but top #5 easy unless your just biased.
I'll just go ahead and say it, I'm biased.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:39 PM   #37
jason1973tl
AF Newbie

Cobra is King

I would have to agree with you. A recent ford magazine published an article where they simply replaced the stock supercharger on the 5.4 and replaced it with a Kenne Belle unit. The result was over 600 rear wheel horsepower instantly.
I am afraid that the Buick Grand National may have had just as much potential. I raced at a drag strip with dad in the early nineties, and there were always two kinds of cars there. Ford Mustangs wiith t 5.0 and the Buick Grand National. On a good day you could see upwards of ten street driven Buicks. Almost all ran in the 11.00 range.
Would be a good comparo, I think it may very well be a draw.
jason1973tl is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons