Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 10:53 AM   #1
dorlow
AF Regular

How do I fix overhead DVD and/or remove an aftermarket overhead DVD player from a 2015 GMC Yukon?

I dont know if this is a pretty standard process or if you all would need to know the make and model of the DVD player. Maybe some of you would know why its having a problem. Some days, the DVD player works just fine. But, more times than not, when the car is running, the power light on the DVD player is red. If I push the power button, it changes to blue (which means its on), but then immediately turns back red and remains off.

The DVD player to the ceiling is really loose. It would be nice to tighten it up. But, does it really make sense, if the looseness was causing a wiring issue, why would it still have power when it won't work? (The light is red, but it takes power to make the light red.)

So, for one, I need to know the correct way to remove the DVD player from the ceiling so I don't break things worse than they are now.

Two, does anyone have suggestions on what I can do to fix the existing setup? It doesn't make sense to me that the key switching wire is messed up. If the car is off, all the leds on the player are off, not red.

I figure if I get it off the ceiling and still don't see why its having issues, looks like I can get a new unit for less than $200. The power, switching and ground wires are already ran, so it shouldn't be too much work to swap it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
dorlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: How do I fix overhead DVD and/or remove an aftermarket overhead DVD player from a 2015 GMC Yukon?

look on youtube for videos of how to remove the unit
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio