Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
Cusser
AF Regular

2005 Yukon Denali Sunroof - I am so pi$$ed !!!

For at least the second time, the sunroof on the 2005 Yukon opened by itself, Mrs. Cusser did NOT touch the button. This time I'm unable to get it to close. After she had some issues with it a year after we got (2010) I had figured that as long as she didn't use it no problem. So now no motor noise, no movement , no nothing.

Sometimes after a "no nothing" situation it would miraculously work the next day, all by itself, no disconnecting of the battery. If I'm fortunate to have that happen again, I'm pulling out the fuse for it. I should have done that fuse-pulling before - might cost me a big repair now. So I feel stoooopid now that I didn't pull the fuse then. Obviously removing the switch wouldn't have helped, don't even know where to look to find the motor for it.

Any help on how to close would be welcomed. The manual just says how to close it and hold it there to reinitialize, which of course I can't do...
Cusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Cusser
AF Regular

Re: 2005 Yukon Denali Sunroof - I am so pi$$ed !!!

New switch fixed it. Dealer. I'm suspicious, I couldn't jump the wires there, had power there.

Last edited by Cusser; 02-24-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
Cusser
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusser View Post
New switch fixed it. Dealer. I'm suspicious, I couldn't jump the wires there, had power there.
Not so fast, Grasshopper !!! Fixed it for 2 days. Sunroof stuck open again on Saturday, so 2nd trip to dealer. Dealer got it closed, still not working, wonder if they try to sell me on a motor replacement next when I take it back in. So I've taken the fuse out.

I'll likely ask for a refund since they didn't fix it, or dispute the fee on the Discover Card if they can't fix it on 3rd visit for same dollars I already gave them. If they request more money for a motor and its installation, I'll just tell them to fix it at price paid or I'll dispute the charge, and that will be easy with 3 trips there. I paid for a fix, not a guess, and they are supposed to be the experts.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Cusser
AF Regular

Update, 4 days later: dealer fixed the sunroof on 3rd visit, no extra charge. Service advisor admitted that they still had no idea what was wrong.

Newer update, today: sunroof stuck open again. Dealer Service Director did NOT return my call !!! Looks like visit #4 is in my future !!!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Quote:
Update, 4 days later: dealer fixed the sunroof on 3rd visit, no extra charge. Service advisor admitted that they still had no idea what was wrong.

Newer update, today: sunroof stuck open again. Dealer Service Director did NOT return my call !!! Looks like visit #4 is in my future !!!

I am sorry to hear about your sunroof being stuck open. I would like to make sure your issue is resolved. You can private message me your name, address, VIN, and dealership if you would like any assistance. Thank you.

Erica Tiffany
GMC Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
Cusser
AF Regular

Thanks for the offer, Erica, I have PM'd you.

No, the matter is not resolved. I left a voicemail message yesterday for Service Director about 1pm, but call was not returned. This morning, I left voicemail messages for service writer and a service manager, but do realize that maybe they did not work on a Saturday. The phone receptionist had absolutely no way to tell who was actually working today.

This morning, when the temperature had dropped to maybe 58F, I tried the sunroof and it closed, maybe it just doesn't work when its warm (good luck with that, in Arizona). I removed the fuse, will probably remove the sunroof switch or relay or motor, as this had opened twice on its own and then wouldn't close in the past (why we took it in).

So basically, I paid $224.49 and it is NOT repaired, and that's what I paid for. I think I'll contact them, and request a refund, since dealer did not deliver what I paid for, and they are supposed to be the experts on their products. Maybe I'll ask the TV consumer reporters to dig into this.

Erica, I've PM'd with my phone numbers too. I sent a second PM with the VIN number, address, etc. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
Cusser
AF Regular

Next update:
Neither the Service Director (with whom I left a voicemail Friday 1pm) nor the service person (with whom I left a message for on Saturday morning) nor Erica from GM contacted me Monday April 8. So Monday afternoon I called and talked to someone, who said the service manager would call me in a few minutes. Instead, the service writer who I had dealt with before called immediately, assume he passed the buck to her.

So poor service writer Ashley, who is not a mechanic, says I need to bring it back for a 4th try. Right now I'm torn between calling Discover Card and trying to get a refund, or letting them guess again.

Sure, Mrs. Cusser would rather have the sunroof work properly than a refund, but I need one of those two to happen. So she wants to take back for a 4th guess. Any more visits and the dealership will need to build me a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen !!!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Quote:
Next update:
Neither the Service Director (with whom I left a voicemail Friday 1pm) nor the service person (with whom I left a message for on Saturday morning) nor Erica from GM contacted me Monday April 8. So Monday afternoon I called and talked to someone, who said the service manager would call me in a few minutes. Instead, the service writer who I had dealt with before called immediately, assume he passed the buck to her.

So poor service writer Ashley, who is not a mechanic, says I need to bring it back for a 4th try. Right now I'm torn between calling Discover Card and trying to get a refund, or letting them guess again.

Sure, Mrs. Cusser would rather have the sunroof work properly than a refund, but I need one of those two to happen. So she wants to take back for a 4th guess. Any more visits and the dealership will need to build me a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen !!!
Keith,

I have responded via private message

Amber N
GM Customer Care
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
Cusser
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
Keith,

I have responded via private message

Amber N
GM Customer Care
Amber - I have responded by private message, thanks.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
Cusser
AF Regular

I called for Sean M. today, who had service writer Ashley call me.

I told Ashley - like it's easier to tell if a hose is leaking if one turns the water on - I thought I should re-insert the sunroof fuse and wait to bring the Yukon in next time the sunroof was inoperative, and she agreed that would be way better than for visit #4 as opposed to bringing the Yukon back while the sunroof was operational. So that's the current situation. Ashley said the sunroof was factory GMC.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
Cusser
AF Regular

Quote:
I called for Sean M. today, who had service writer Ashley call me.

I told Ashley - like it's easier to tell if a hose is leaking if one turns the water on - I thought I should re-insert the sunroof fuse and wait to bring the Yukon in next time the sunroof was inoperative, and she agreed that would be way better than for visit #4 as opposed to bringing the Yukon back while the sunroof was operational. So that's the current situation. Ashley said the sunroof was factory GMC.
After work Wed. 4-10-2013, I re-inserted the sunroof fuse, and the sunroof worked, opened and closed. So not taking it in to dealer today, waiting until it fails again.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
Cusser
AF Regular

Update: Throughout the summer, sometimes the sunroof again failed to close, then maybe a day or two later would close. A GM representative saw my post here and got involved, got me to take to dealer in mid-July so she could speak to dealership personnel while it was there.

When I took it in on a Monday morning, service rep asked if sunroof was operating, and I replied that I had absolutely no idea, that we were afraid to try it, as rain was forecast for later that week. So I handed her the keys, she opened it (it always would open) but wouldn't close. Well GM had the Yukon until Friday morning, swore they tried it "hundreds" of times and it always worked perfectly. Except the first time the service rep tried it herself. Anyway, we picked it up Friday, service rep agreed to a refund since we had paid for a repair, and didn't get a repair. Three weeks later, I called the GM rep, and she called service rep, who told her that she was waiting for us to "call her and request a refund", even though we had done just that in person on July 19, and she had agreed to get the ball rolling, that was an obvious lie, even to the GM rep. Anyway, the GM rep got in touch with the dealership service manager, who did return her call after she left a second message threatening to escalate. Anyway Aug. 28th we did receive a refund check. Dealer had "absolutely no idea" what was wrong and still is wrong with the sunroof.

I took out the sunroof fuse, much better than getting stuck with it open. By the way: that dealership will NEVER see my face again, so they've now lost out on all future business.

I wonder if that is worth the $224 they finally refunded me.

Local radio mechanic stresses that if you've paid for a fix, then you must get the fix. Case closed. Sunroof closed.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
Cusser
AF Regular

Dealership keeps sending me reminders in the mail to come in for 3000 mile service.

Well - not to that dealership !!!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon