Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #76
TvD

Re: Belkits Peugeot 207 S2000

The second kit by BelKits will be the Ford Fiesta S2000! Perhaps the 3rd kit which will be announced soon will be the Skoda Fabia?
(picture courtesy of belkits.be).

TvD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #77
Luis Pacheco
AF Regular

To much suspense and is the Fiesta S2000 like Belkits told at the beggining.

The third one is the Fabia, i´m sure of that.
Luis Pacheco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #78
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Pacheco View Post
To much suspense and is the Fiesta S2000 like Belkits told at the beggining.

The third one is the Fabia, i´m sure of that.
Uh, hadn't Belkits already said they're releasing the Fiesta? I remember seeing that on their site quite a few months ago...
racer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #79
thenotoriousLUD
AF Newbie

Any word on a US dealer
Or maybe hlj.com?
Realy need both of these in my collection as ive built all the 206's i can find and love the fiesta wrc
thenotoriousLUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #80
Luis Pacheco
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotoriousLUD View Post
Any word on a US dealer
Or maybe hlj.com?
Realy need both of these in my collection as ive built all the 206's i can find and love the fiesta wrc
They are working in getting an US distributor.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...61068673940799
Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #81
Luis Pacheco
AF Regular

Old 02-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #82
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Waiting for a US distributor or someone with a lower shipping cost than from Belgique...something around USD$50. No joke.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:47 AM   #83
Luc Janssens
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
Waiting for a US distributor or someone with a lower shipping cost than from Belgique...something around USD$50. No joke.
Steven from Belkits, can you quote an all-in price from shipping one kit to the US?
Coz there seems to be confusion about that on some hobby boards.
One also has to take into account that the list price on the Domino website includes Belgian sales tax 21% (VAT) one has to deduct that from the 35 euro (=121%) so the price for overseas buyers should be just shy of 30 Euro (without shipping)

To have prices in USD please visit the following site: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Luc Janssens
Belgium
Luc Janssens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:52 AM   #84
DJ RUSH99
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Pacheco View Post

DJ RUSH99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #85
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Janssens View Post
Steven from Belkits, can you quote an all-in price from shipping one kit to the US?
Coz there seems to be confusion about that on some hobby boards.
One also has to take into account that the list price on the Domino website includes Belgian sales tax 21% (VAT) one has to deduct that from the 35 euro (=121%) so the price for overseas buyers should be just shy of 30 Euro (without shipping)

Luc Janssens
Belgium
Luc, there is no confusion, as I was quoted this from Domino.be directly. I was stunned by the cost. It is prohibitively expensive. It was 2x or 3x the cost to even come from Honk Kong or Japan. It was very high. (I understand that they don't control how much Belgian Post charges. That's not my issue. It's strictly the cost and if there is a US distributor (or someone closer), I'll go that way.)
Old 02-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #86
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Luc Janssens
Belgium

In my opinion that's false, because it would mean that tax is paid by seller if seller sells tax free, that's the same here in France, we don't sell less when selling outside the country because we still pay the tax, except if not taking it but in this case it has to be a professional buyer (which himself has taxes dues and takings) ...

Moreover I always pay the all included price myself when buying at Domino so I don't see why prices shoould be tax free in USD and not in Euros...

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #87
stevenpae
AF Newbie

I know shipping cost from Belgium are higher if you compare to china or japan.

But you must know there is a big difference between european countries and asian.
Everything is a lot cheaper in china/japan, because their taxes are lower, people work for a lot less money then we here in europe. If cost would be higher in asia, i don't think we would have a lot of stuff in our house with 'made in japan' marked on it. So of course they don't ask so much money to send something to usa or europe.

We already work with a cheaper cost by belgian post than normal. If you look on site of belgian post, a package to 1kg to usa not assured costs 30 euro, we only ask 20 euro.

about VAT, we have to pay VAT in belgium, we can only send without VAT if customer has a valid VAT number in their country and then they pay VAT in their country.

i hope you can understand my explanation.

We have sended a kit to the USA distributor for review and then they will decide on quantity they will buy. Then they will distribute to USA shops.
stevenpae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #88
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenpae View Post
I know shipping cost from Belgium are higher if you compare to china or japan.

But you must know there is a big difference between european countries and asian.
Everything is a lot cheaper in china/japan, because their taxes are lower, people work for a lot less money then we here in europe. If cost would be higher in asia, i don't think we would have a lot of stuff in our house with 'made in japan' marked on it. So of course they don't ask so much money to send something to usa or europe.

We already work with a cheaper cost by belgian post than normal. If you look on site of belgian post, a package to 1kg to usa not assured costs 30 euro, we only ask 20 euro.

about VAT, we have to pay VAT in belgium, we can only send without VAT if customer has a valid VAT number in their country and then they pay VAT in their country.

i hope you can understand my explanation.

We have sended a kit to the USA distributor for review and then they will decide on quantity they will buy. Then they will distribute to USA shops.
I'm specifically talking about shipping costs, nothing else. Not kit price (it's ok), just shipping from Belgium.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #89
Luc Janssens
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaster View Post
In my opinion that's false, because it would mean that tax is paid by seller if seller sells tax free, that's the same here in France, we don't sell less when selling outside the country because we still pay the tax, except if not taking it but in this case it has to be a professional buyer (which himself has taxes dues and takings) ...

Moreover I always pay the all included price myself when buying at Domino so I don't see why prices shoould be tax free in USD and not in Euros...

When I as a European buy mail-order in the US, I don't pay sales tax in the US but an import duty when the parcel ends up on Belgian soil.
If a Canadian orders at Hannants in the UK, he doesn't pay sales tax either in the UK, but does in Canada when his parcel is processed by custom officials.
Didn't know the rules are different in Belgium and France, cuz in some cases a buyer would then have to pay sales tax twice plus duty, if that's the case, overseas buyer better mail-order their European hobby supplies in the UK.
Luc Janssens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #90
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
When I as a European buy mail-order in the US, I don't pay sales tax in the US but an import duty when the parcel ends up on Belgian soil.
If a Canadian orders at Hannants in the UK, he doesn't pay sales tax either in the UK, but does in Canada when his parcel is processed by custom officials.
Didn't know the rules are different in Belgium and France, cuz in some cases a buyer would then have to pay sales tax twice plus duty, if that's the case, overseas buyer better mail-order their European hobby supplies in the UK.
Luc, I really think you're completely confusing things... or I missed something about international commercial rules and was spoiled each time I ordered something here and there !!!
Which sales taxes don't you pay when ordering in US ??
Because US state fees aren't like customs taxes for/from outside the country but are applied between states for I suppose different VAT tax ranges (would probably be confirmed by US members) between states, that's why you don't pay it when ordering from outside the state but you pay the normal VAT tax included in the prices.
That's visible on Ebay when professional US sellers informed that people living inside the state have to pay additional tax. So any other price isn't a tax free price but the normal VAT included price.
And customs taxes aren't VAT sales taxes, anywhere you live !
A Canadian ordering in UK in your example doesn't pay a sale tax when getting order in Canada but customs fees, possible, right , but that doesn't mean he won't have to pay sales taxes first when buying to the seller which takes his VAT in the price, and if this Canadian buyer doesn't pay these sales taxes it's because he has a professional account.
Or there might be a special VAT rule in UK but I don't believe so as I always paid all included prices in UK, too.
And it's not different either between France and Belgium as I don't get VAT free if I buy in belgium as you won't get VAT free if you buy in France from Belgium, according to Steve/domino confirmation.
Once again i suppose you're confusing things, you can't get sales tax free prices without being a professional, and customs/duty taxes have nothing to deal with VAT and sales tax, you can believe me !
VAT are due taxes in all included prices and customs fees aren't linked to the fact to pay VAT or not.
If a professional sells VAT free not to a professiobal he'll have to pay it though to government as he has to pay VAT included !! same in france and belgium. :greenyes:
By the way I sometimes had myself to pay customs fees whereas I paid VAT, and I either never had to pay customs fees instead of VAT !
And that didn't depend on the country, that was the case as much for Asia orders as for US or Europe ones (Belgium as UK)...
There may be some VAT tips and tricks from a country to another, you're right on that point, especially when crossing oceans, but surely more for profesional and not the one you gave concerning Belgium.

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling