Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Pursuit
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
Q-Ball23
AF Newbie

No heat and cars overheating.

Ok, Im borrowing my friends G5 Pursuit. I think its an 06. Well driving up a hill today, I saw the engine temp light come on. Its been a bad winter here. And just before that (maybe 3 hours) we slid into a little snow bank. Theres no damage or anything, just wondering if that would be the cause for no heat and the engine temp. I've been noticing the the fans were still running while the car was off to keep it cooler. I havent seen the temp light come back on yet, but still there is no heat. The car used to heat up so fast. Any idea's? I do have to make a 200 km drive back home and I dont want this car dying on me as its still under warrenty.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Q-Ball23
AF Newbie

Re: No heat and cars overheating.

Looking under the car, I see the coolant is leaking. The Drivers side rad mount on the bottom is bent and therefor the rad isnt sitting properly. It looks like its just a plate that connects from the subframe to the rad support mount. But whatever the problem, its a slow leak.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Q-Ball23
AF Newbie

Pulled out the rad to find out the cheap plastic part is cracked. Cant be welded, looks like it needs a whole new rad. What a POS.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Ball23
Pulled out the rad to find out the cheap plastic part is cracked. Cant be welded, looks like it needs a whole new rad. What a POS.
Uh yeah, if its out of water cause you broke the radiator its going to overheat and the heater will not work. Not only that but if you drove it around too much you may have done permanent damage to the engine.

Take it to a radiator shop and see if they can replace the broken tank.

If its under warrenty shouldnt they tow it and fix it for free? If you start taking it all apart doesnt that mess up the warrenty?

This sounds more like an operator malfunction than the car being a POS, no offense. Good luck, straighten out anything you bent or the next radiator will probably crack too.
hotrod_chevyz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Pursuit