Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 04:05 PM   #1
rvizi
AF Newbie

help!! radio lock 2000 gtp

I need help from anyone who knows how to reset a lock on a radio in a pontiac gtp. I do not have my code and was wondering if there is a generic code to put in or anything to unlock it.
rvizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:03 PM   #2
lakerfan1784
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lakerfan1784 Send a message via Yahoo to lakerfan1784
Re: help!! radio lock 2000 gtp

take a look in your owners manual. It will tell you how to unlock your radio with your code, if you know what it is. I dont think that it would lock if you didnt activate the theftlock, so you must have the code somewhere. If you cant find it, take it to a dealer, I believe they can reset it.
lakerfan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #3
99gt
AF Newbie

This is really simple to do on your own.
1. First, press and hold presets two and three for a few seconds. Three digits will come up on the display. These are the first three digits of the factory unlock code.

2. Press the AM/FM button on the unit and another three-digit number will read out. These are the last three digits of your code.

3. Call 1-800-537-5140. You'll be asked for a dealer code, 139010, 206053 and 620529 may work. Enter this number and then press the pound (#) button.

4. Now enter the six-digit code that you got from your stereo, first three digits first, then the last three. You will be given a four-digit response code. Make note.

5. In your car, hit the HR button and put in the first two digits of the response code. Then press the MIN button and put in the last two digits of your response code. Press AM/FM and then SEC should read out on your radio.

6. You should be unlocked!

Hope this helps....
99gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:28 PM   #4
rvizi
AF Newbie

Thanks I'll try that and hope for the best.
rvizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #5
Poose22
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Poose22

do u need the car on for this to work?
Poose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
kilroypr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to kilroypr Send a message via Yahoo to kilroypr

Poose22, I think what matters is that the radio has power. Ignition key on acc should do it. 99gt, impresive!!!
kilroypr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 PM   #7
99gt
AF Newbie

Thanks kilroypr. Ign should be on or in acc. I had this problem when I bought a used cd deck. It took me about 20 min to find this out on other forums. Dealer wont unlock unless vin #`s match radio and car. If they do they charge $25-50 to do it. RIP OFF!!
Also I forgot if you repeat step #5 twice in a row it will disable the Theftlock and you will see "---". You will then be able to change to your own lock code.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
JonJon68
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JonJon68 Send a message via MSN to JonJon68 Send a message via Yahoo to JonJon68
What about a 97 GT?

Do these steps work for a used factory CD player I installed in my 97 GT? Thanks
JonJon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #9
99gt
AF Newbie

This works on any Delco radio with Theftlock. This is ony if unit reads "LOC" and you dont know the unlock code.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #10
JonJon68
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JonJon68 Send a message via MSN to JonJon68 Send a message via Yahoo to JonJon68
Re: Re: help!! radio lock 2000 gtp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99gt
This works on any Delco radio with Theftlock. This is ony if unit reads "LOC" and you dont know the unlock code.
Thanks, for my particular radio I had to push the preset buttons one and four for the numbers to come up. However, when I did this a line like this came up ----- which I guess tells me that the theftlock is not activated.
JonJon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:42 PM   #11
beano6879
AF Newbie

Quote:
You are my god! I had to meet a deadline to re-install a factory CD player. The install went fine until it came time to power up...the radio was in "LOC" mode. Needless to say I was furious and had no way to test the stereo. I did a quick search on the net and viola, I came across this post. THANK YOU!!!!! You saved me from an ass chewing!
beano6879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:20 PM   #12
kellynelly
AF Newbie

Man you are almost a God!! I got the first numbers but when I press the am/fm button by itself to get the other 3, nothing happens, do you know what I might be missing???please help
Quote:
1. First, press and hold presets two and three for a few seconds. Three digits will come up on the display. These are the first three digits of the factory unlock code.

2. Press the AM/FM button on the unit and another three-digit number will read out. These are the last three digits of your code.

3. Call 1-800-537-5140. You'll be asked for a dealer code, 139010, 206053 and 620529 may work. Enter this number and then press the pound (#) button.

4. Now enter the six-digit code that you got from your stereo, first three digits first, then the last three. You will be given a four-digit response code. Make note.

5. In your car, hit the HR button and put in the first two digits of the response code. Then press the MIN button and put in the last two digits of your response code. Press AM/FM and then SEC should read out on your radio.

Hope this helps....
kellynelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:07 AM   #13
nadspot
AF Newbie

call United Radio at (315)446-5570.They have all the codes!! I used to work there!!!
nadspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
martymar77
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Re: help!! radio lock 2000 gtp

Thanks for the help it worked. I don't have an owners manual anymore. It got kinda thrashed by the dog. But your help was greatly needed. Thanks alot. It was really simple to do. Thanks again.

Quote:

Hope this helps....
martymar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #15
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Re: Re: Re: help!! radio lock 2000 gtp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaylor3400
Since you have the code the unlock procedure is in the owner's manual if you have one under Theftlock. Checkout the link below for which buttons to press:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbu...light=theftlock

Depending on your year model the preset buttons mentioned may be 1 and 4. Also make sure ignition is in accessory or run. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymar77
Thanks for the help it worked. I don't have an owners manual anymore. It got kinda thrashed by the dog. But your help was greatly needed. Thanks alot. It was really simple to do. Thanks again.
You're welcome and glad to see you got it resolved.

Cross reference to original message:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=503046

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
BNaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix