Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
1999montana
AF Enthusiast

Question Turn Signals Stop Working; - Then start working again

Hi All,

'99 Montana van

Been quite some time since I've posted a problem here, but I have one that I think is related to a bad ground in the taillights or a melted connector circuit board in them.

About a week ago, I went to signal a left turn only to discover that I had no left signal lights. No right signal either. I flipped on the 4 way hazard lights and all four corners lit up. Tried the left signal while the four ways were still on, and then flipped the four ways off. Signal lights (left and right) returned.

Figured I had 'fixed' it, but it has happened again to my wife, and to me again today.

So I guess tomorrow I'll pull the circuit connectors out of both taillights, check the connectors and clean up anything that looks sketchy.

I did replace the right front signal / running light last week (was 16+ years old and broke the filament when I was messing with the front lighting; - long story, no time here!)

I've read thru the posts on signal lights going back to 2005, but none describe the problem that I have with signal lights sometimes not working, and then working again. At first, I thought it was because the van had been sitting while I did some rust repairs but I think it is just water playing gremlin with me (don't go there!!). Grrr!

Thoughts?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6