Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Pontiac Classics
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
azikiwee323
AF Newbie

Bonneville sputters when driving uphill

Hi guys,

I've just purchased a 1977 Pontiac Bonneville. I've had the fuel pump, wires, spark plugs, distributor, and coil changed. For the last few days it's been running wonderful. However, this morning on the way in to work it began to sputter as I was going uphill. I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't figure for the life of me what would cause. Would any of you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Quay

Last edited by azikiwee323; 02-03-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: punctuation was incorrect
azikiwee323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Re: Bonneville sputters when driving uphill

With the little info you've provided, it SOUNDS like a fuel issue, perhaps the carb is flooding a bit. Not unusual for an old Q-Jet in need of attention. The float wil get "heavy" (it's fiber). "Up the hill" is the clue. At an "odd" angle, carbs can do funny things when not exactly right.

Jim
MrPbody is offline   Reply With Quote