Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
Pixies dad
AF Newbie

Cool puller fan mounting grommets 95 APV

Posting here because Pontiac folks work on their own vehicles more than the Chev folks--I have a 95 Lumina APV 3.8 and have vibration coming from the puller fan (passenger side front of radiator). Inspection shows fan and motor good, the rubber mounting grommets are hard as nails. GM - in its infinite wisdom, no longer has these parts ---So the question - has anyone fabricated new grommets from scratch OR is there a secret source for these parts?
Pixies dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
Jeffrv
AF Regular

Re: puller fan mounting grommets 95 APV

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm...-10100126.html

I just found this by googling the part number 10100126. The GM parts manual does not distinguish any different part numbers for various engines. Let us know how it works out, as have never used this company.
Jeff
Jeffrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
Pixies dad
AF Newbie

thanks for the reply. I have checked with all known GM parts suppliers and they have all shown both part numbers, yours and mine as NLA (no longer available). Even got so far as ordering my part but it was out of stock. GM used this isolator on almost all vehicles from late 80s to mid 90s. So back to the issue: does the auxilary fan have an imbalance or should it run smoothly? Has anyone had to fabricate an isolator?
Old 11-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
Pixies dad
AF Newbie

Quick update on the fan ---- I think there is an imbalance in the motor --- it runs as it should but vibrates so bad you can feel it inside the van. I am awaiting a used unit from EBAY and will update from that install. The isolators were used on a BUNCH of GMs from the 80 --- 95 era but cannot be found anywhere. Must be one of the things that go along with owning a dustbuster. May be a while before i post results,,,,
Old 11-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #5
Jeffrv
AF Regular

Are the isolators just flat rubber, or some really weird and unusual shape. If flat, making one from sheet rubber, or even an old inner tube, may solve the problem. Yeah, oddball parts are becoming a problem..
Jeffrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #6
Pixies dad
AF Newbie

Update on the fan isolator issue --- changed out the fan with the recycled one and the vibration is diminished to acceptable levels. The isolator has an oblong inner washer and a grooved outer rubber. One could be fabricated using the old inner washer and some tubing. I am keeping the old unit and will buy a new motor ---- then have a used unit for sale ---- some day anyway.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport