Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > G6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
gph303
AF Newbie

Question 2005 G6 no start when warm

Battery good engine turns over good just doesn't start up. Wait a few minutes and it cranks. Sometimes you can press on the gas pedal and it starts. Been doing this since almost new but was mostly with remote start which doesn't work anymore. 98,000 miles Thanks for any ideas
gph303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: 2005 G6 no start when warm

While I am unable to provide technical assistance, if you were to decide upon visiting a dealership please let me know as I would like to be available to you.
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMCustomerService For This Useful Post:
gph303 (04-08-2012)
Old 04-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
gph303
AF Newbie

Thanks for your response sorry to be so long. This car has been to the dealer for this problem several time with the same response. "We can't duplicate problem" Finally just gave up on the dealer. Don't think it has had the problem since I posted though. My daughters car and I never drive it and the only time I know about it is when it fails to start at all. Then by the time I get to where she is at it cranks right up. So thanks again~!
gph303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Unfortunately, that is one of the hardest things to diagnose.....a no start condition, when it won't happen in the GM dealership.....fact it hasn't happened in 3 months, makes it tough to diagnose....

Since you are out of warranty, the GM dealership usually doesn't want to make a guess where you have to pay for it and it doesn't fix the problem....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
PAMUSTANGMAN
AF Newbie

I was just working on my girl's G6 this morning. I did front brakes and then I went for the test drive it sounded like the starter had engaged but didn't come out far enough to grab the flywheel. This happened 3 times in a row then she said oh hit the gas and it fired off. Her car has 96K on it and I pulled a spark plug expecting to find something bad, but while they all had evidence of being old none had anything missing or broken. I am hoping this fixes the problem for her on the starting. She has had the catalytic converters on the car replaced twice now? Are these things hard on cats?
PAMUSTANGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote