Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Pursuit
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Jester_jc
AF Newbie

Pursuit tranny problem

I have found a problem with the pursuit.
i have a 2006 4 door 5spd with 24462.0 km on it and my tranny went on it already. did you know that on the end of the shifting fork gm put a plastic cover , these has melted and damaged my first and second grears... they are now being replaced by gm under waranty.
but the big thing that upsets my is that the mechanic is blaming me because i rest my hand on my shifter inbetween shifts .... now i don't know anyone who doesn't do that , elbow on the center councel and hand draped over the shifter . anyway i'm done giving my now but if any one else has heard of this let me know or if you din't know about it then here's a heads up .
Jester_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 AM   #2
GTP Dad
Pontiac Guy

Re: Pursuit tranny problem

The mechanic is wrong about the cause. Sounds like another GM better idea. At least it is covered by the warranty. If it happens again then I would report it to the NHTSB as a defect. I'll bet though that these will be replaced with something else very soon.

And tell the mechanic to pound sand, it is not his responsibility to criticize your driving habits or hand positions. It is his job to repair the thing and keep his mouth shut!
GTP Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
Jester_jc
AF Newbie

i got a call today from the dealer about my car and now they need to replace the 3rd gear after they got the tranny back together they realized it had a bit of play in it ... Stupid GM
p.s as for the mechanic i went in and talked to him after to see how my car was commin and he started feeding me some more bullshit so i just told him that he's the kind of mechanic that give us other mechanics a bad name.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #4
GTP Dad
Pontiac Guy

Good move!! If he gives you too much of a hard time report him to the service manager. It appears that GM may have a much larger problem than just your car. I suspect that mechanic will be repairing a lot of these very soon.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Jester_jc
AF Newbie

what i don't understand is if you change 1st and 2nd why wouldn't you change them all to eliminate any further problems. oh wait i know ... cause that would to easy
Old 12-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #6
GTP Dad
Pontiac Guy

An excellent deduction! The mechanic you are dealing with appears to be trying to get away with the least amount of work possible although he will have to repair it sooner or later. And he gets paid by the hour so it shouldn't matter to him how much he repairs.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #7
Jester_jc
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Pursuit tranny problem

well it's week three and counting .. i called the dealer today and they said " well we're still waiting on parts" three bloody weeks and you didn't make a smart decision to just replace the stupid thing " well now we have to much money invested in this job " (agian i )
this is not my problem. so i called gm head office and complained.... they were the guy on the other line said give them untill wed and if it's not done by then call me back.
this is getting rediculas
Old 12-16-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
GTP Dad
Pontiac Guy

Actually the dealer doesn't have any money invested in the car. They get paid by GM to do the repairs. They are just being a--holes about the entire thing. Calling GM was a great idea. There is no reason why the dealership can't get another transmission and replace the one they are working on. Just remember to check the lemon laws in your state. In most cases if the car is out of service more than 30 days in a one year period then the manufacturer may be obligated to replace the vehicle with a new one. So I would check it out. The dealership may have obligated GM to a giving you a new car just because they are too stuburn to do the correct repairs.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #9
Jester_jc
AF Newbie

here's a copy of what is stated in the lemon law for ontario.

The Bill provides remedies to a consumer who enters into an agreement to purchase a motor vehicle on or after the day the Bill comes into force if a substantial deficiency arises in the motor vehicle that is covered by a manufacturer's warranty and the manufacturer has, on three previous occasions, attempted to remedy the deficiency. A deficiency is substantial only if it constitutes a substantial impairment to the use, value or safety of the motor vehicle.

The consumer has the option to require the manufacturer to repurchase the motor vehicle or, at no cost to the consumer, to provide the consumer with a replacement for the motor vehicle and to transfer to the consumer clear title to the replacement. If the consumer requires the manufacturer to repurchase the motor vehicle, the repurchase price is the price that the consumer paid for it, less a reasonable allowance for depreciation in the value of the vehicle from the time of purchase to the time that the consumer first gave notice to the manufacturer of the deficiency.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:09 AM   #10
Jester_jc
AF Newbie

well i finaly got it back after 1 month of gm making puppies my car is back.
ended up being a $3000.00 job ... all under warranty thank god but wither way i wrote an e-mail to gm head office.... we'll see what they have to say .
Old 12-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #11
GTP Dad
Pontiac Guy

I am glad you got your car back. $3000 sounds like an awful lot for a transmission repair but at least you didn't have to pay for them to fix it. I would keep an eye on this as it may occur again, if they used similar components to fix it. If it happens again demand a new transmission rather than repairs to that one or you may end up paying for the repair yourself after the warranty expires.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Pursuit