Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > X-Type
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
gupdah
AF Newbie

My first car and need help

Well I just got my first car which was a 2003 Jaguar X-type. 2.5 AWD. I haven’t paid for the car yet because it was from my dad’s friend. He is asking $9.5k for the car. He said that it has the sports package because it has the S button next to the shifter. After reading up on the car, I realized that it’s not a sports package. I have chrome on the bumpers and wood trim. The car only has 43k miles. The interior of the car was in fair condition, he has 2 girls and they were pretty filthy with gum and candy all over but ya. I shampooed it well and need to get new mats. But the leather is still very dirty and im not sure how to clean it and get all the dirt out. Also the only other problem that I have faced is that the AC doesn’t work as well as I would like it too. It doesn’t get that cold even on the lowest setting. While driving the car's ac works alright, but when we are at a stop sign or light, the ac just stops being cool and gets warm. And in the first place it’s not even that cold compared to my fathers old 98 Toyota sienna. What can I do to fix this problem? Also I would really like to know how I can clean the leather and how much should I pay him for the car. He is selling it because he bought an Audi A8
gupdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
mervyncp
AF Newbie

Re: My first car and need help

The main thing here is the car seems vastly overpriced.
Here in the UK I would be looking to pay half that. Especially considering how filthy it is / was.

As far as interior cleaning. If it's leather try Gliptone. It's supposed to be the best there is
http://www.gliptone.com/retail/

Enjoy the car. I love 'em

Mervyn
mervyncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Higgins11
AF Newbie

it does seem a little pricey. as far as the leather, i would think any good leather cleaner would do the trick. depending on the color of the lether, lighter colors are tough. as far as the a/c goes, x types have had issues with the A/C compressor. the clutches get loose/ come apart. this may or may not be the issue.
Higgins11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Scrapper
AF Premium User

first thing you need on air is to let a shop put the pump on it to get all the moister out unless you have access to a pump? and then charge a/c and you could check for leaks before doing this or after up to you. if you lookat a/c hoses and they look oiley theres a leak.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Rainelli
AF Newbie

if that's the case maybe you can ask for a lower price.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
topdaawg
AF Newbie

You need to replace or clean the orifice tube. They commonly get clogged with small metal flakes. This will cause your problem. But even then, X-type ac is just not that cold at idle.
topdaawg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > X-Type