Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Commander | Patriot
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
Ratt643
AF Newbie

2010 Patriot 2.0 stalling with traction control light on

I hope someone has a fix. 2010 Patriot 2.0 5 speed manual trans, two wheel drive with 86,000 miles.
I was driving it a few weeks ago and was decelerating to stop at a red light when the throttle body light came on, traction control light came on and it started running so rough it would barely run, no check engine light. Managed to get it into a parking lot. Let it sit for about an hour. Tried restating and had no throttle. Turned the key to ignition 3 times and started it back up, everything was fine. Drove it home and removed and cleaned the throttle body. It wasn't real bad dirty, so cleaned with throttle body cleaner. No issues until a few days ago. Wife was driving and the traction control light came on, started running extremely bad, no check engine light. Tried to retrieve codes with my code scanner, no codes detected. Had it towed home. Did some digging on the internet, found that this could be the crankshaft position sensor or the camshaft position sensors. Went to O'reilly auto parts, bought all three.
Removed the battery cable, removed and replaced the crank sensor, hooked up the battery and started it. Still ran like crap. Then heard about a relearning procedure that you have to get the vehicle up to 70 mph, then decelerate to 40. Jacked up the vehicle and run it through the gears up to 70, barely, decelerated to 40 with foot completely off the accelerator, no change.
I then changed the camshaft position sensors and went to start, still idles at 1500 rpm and doesn't accelerate and misses, same as before.
I am going to try and get a code scanner to retrieve the ABS codes and go from there. I hope this doesnt turn into a dealership fix.
BTW, just for the heck of it, I pulled the spark plugs and they are black, Im sure from the misfiring, but nothing out of the ordinary. These plugs were replaced at 50,000 miles.
Any help would be appreciated, Thank!
Ratt643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #2
Ratt643
AF Newbie

Re: 2010 Patriot 2.0 stalling with traction control light on

I was able to get ahold of a Snap On MODIS machine today. I pulled the engine codes and got P2110 JEEP Throttle Actuator Control System – Forced Limited RPM and a P2118 Throttle Actuator Control Motor Current Range/Performance. I also retrieved a C121C TORQUE REQUEST SIGNAL DENIED. After testing the throttle body for operation with the Snap On tool, I erased the powertrain codes. Started the engine and it ran as it should, smooth and lower idle. Apparently, the throttle body went out again and put the engine in limp mode, also causing the traction control light and the C121C code. Since the jeep is still under warranty, I will see if they can go ahead and change the throttle body since this is the second failure of the current throttle body.
Just wanted to post a conclusion and hope this helps someone else out.
Ratt643 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ratt643 For This Useful Post:
Just24 (08-30-2015)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Commander | Patriot