Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pagani > Zonda
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #16
2of9
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Posts: 1,630
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What is faster on a track? S7 vs C12-S 7.3

zonda's got it because im driving it! hahaha...but same driver in both cars, Zonda will win by a close match
__________________
"i told you it was third, I lengthen the injector pulse another millisec and tuned the NOS timer, and you'll run nines"

--2OF9--
(DSM team specialist) ;D
#808/1000
2of9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #17
NewyorkKopter
AF Enthusiast
 
NewyorkKopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Flo' Park, New York
Posts: 693
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What is faster on a track? S7 vs C12-S 7.3

Hey jc, I think you could put the Zonda in that list of more so track than straights-only cars. Because out of all of today's supercars, its the only one with a traditional big non-pop up rear wing. Also its bodywork has several major openings, especially the Zonda F which has new dual air exits at the front and dual air intakes at the rear. And then its also got a flat underbody along with a diffuser at the back. The rear wing, the increased number of openings, and the flat underbody all prove Pagani to be leaning towards the track performance side. Unlike the Koenigsegg which probably has the most conservative design of any supercar in order to preserve its .29 drag coffecient for its 240 mph top speed. Same goes for the Veyron, they only added scoops and openings if it needed them to run properly. And besides, the Zonda's got Group C racer styling so how could it not be track biased . Granted it may not have the S7's gaping air exits at the front and insane downforce, or the Enzo's Formula one style front spoiler and active aerodynamics, but because of the Zonda's wild shape and wings I'd say it was meant to be more of a track car rather than the usual straight line runner.
__________________
NewyorkKopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #18
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic
 
jcsaleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY, New York
Posts: 5,593
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: What is faster on a track? S7 vs C12-S 7.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewyorkKopter
Hey jc, I think you could put the Zonda in that list of more so track than straights-only cars. Because out of all of today's supercars, its the only one with a traditional big non-pop up rear wing. Also its bodywork has several major openings, especially the Zonda F which has new dual air exits at the front and dual air intakes at the rear. And then its also got a flat underbody along with a diffuser at the back. The rear wing, the increased number of openings, and the flat underbody all prove Pagani to be leaning towards the track performance side. Unlike the Koenigsegg which probably has the most conservative design of any supercar in order to preserve its .29 drag coffecient for its 240 mph top speed. Same goes for the Veyron, they only added scoops and openings if it needed them to run properly. And besides, the Zonda's got Group C racer styling so how could it not be track biased . Granted it may not have the S7's gaping air exits at the front and insane downforce, or the Enzo's Formula one style front spoiler and active aerodynamics, but because of the Zonda's wild shape and wings I'd say it was meant to be more of a track car rather than the usual straight line runner.
All this is correct but on a real ompetitive track level the zonda's are nothing. I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but look at the Fia GT ars I've almost never even seen a zonda Monza (track edition) used an when they are they're numbers even in qualify'n aren't great.
__________________
Quote:
"Driving a Mazda RX7 on the track for the first time was very cool ? this is a production car that most
resembles the movement of a formula car in my experience so far.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:01 AM   #19
NewyorkKopter
AF Enthusiast
 
NewyorkKopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Flo' Park, New York
Posts: 693
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What is faster on a track? S7 vs C12-S 7.3

yea thats true, I'm not saying Zondas are good track racing cars, but they're better than most road-going supercars on the track. I mean the Zonda F got around Top Gear's track quicker than an Enzo, and MC12. The Zonda may not have the track potential of the S7, but I'd still include it in the list of road legal track cars along with the S7, Enzo, and MC12. Only if Top Gear would test the S7...because I have a feeling it'll knock the CCX off the top.
__________________
NewyorkKopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:46 AM   #20
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic
 
jcsaleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY, New York
Posts: 5,593
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: What is faster on a track? S7 vs C12-S 7.3

I have a feeling the 04 N/a could do the job fine. The TT don't know about that though...
__________________
Quote:
"Driving a Mazda RX7 on the track for the first time was very cool ? this is a production car that most
resembles the movement of a formula car in my experience so far.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:53 AM   #21
FOX1
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Crevalcore
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What is faster on a track? S7 vs C12-S 7.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
I have a feeling the 04 N/a could do the job fine. The TT don't know about that though...
Let us consider the Nuerburgring Nordschleife,
The first animal getting lower then 7 min is the Apollo Gumpert, then we will have the RUF CTR3 and the, if Christian will add some down force to his car, we will have the Koenigsegg. The Zonda only 4th and then the 2 american GT....Mosler and after Saleen.
GearFox
__________________

GearFox
FOX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD


Bookmarks
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pagani > Zonda

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts