Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
brittmac01
AF Newbie

2002 Jeep Liberty

Well, to start off, I have quite a few problems with my car. But besides the point, one of the problems I have is that due to a misfire in one of the cylinders, my car will not go past 3000 rpms. Usually I can go at least 70 mph before running into problems with the rpms. Well today, on my way to work, my car was pushing 3000 and I was only going 35. if I were try to go past that, my car wouldn't allow it. I may sound beyond stupid trying to explain this but does anyone understand what's going on and possibly have an answer for me? When I started doing this I pulled over and turned off the car, turned it back on and it no longer did this. But I haven't driven it since.
brittmac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2002 Jeep Liberty

Generally a misfire is a bad plug,coil.or fuel injector. Go to Advanced Auto Auto or Auto Zone and get a free engine scan it should tell you which cylinder is misfiring.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty