Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
Mark Lapes
AF Newbie

Hi guys im new here

My name is mark. Im new to this form. Right now Im work for guy by the name of bill hines who kustomizes cars. Of course i dont have his experience since he has been building cars since 1941 but im learning alot from him.
Mark Lapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Hungrycat7
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hi guys im new here

Well you should be able to learn a lot on here as well. There is a lot of experienced and knowledgeable. If you ever have a question just ask
Hungrycat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
LearnAutoBody
Auto Body Mod

Welcome to our forum Mark. Please share with us what you learn or ask any question you may have. You can learn a lot from the ones that have been doing it a long time as you current boss.
LearnAutoBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
Mark Lapes
AF Newbie

Hi guys.

Right now im working a guy by the name of hines. The say hes the best in the custom car field but to honest its very hard learning this field and also very frustrating. Bill right now has me tearing down cars and down alot of sanding that all i do and i told him that i wanna learn more. He said, mark you have to learn to crawl before you can walk.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
Kastaway
AF Newbie

Bill's right practice on your own,impress him with what youve done he,s probally not going to be impressed by what you want to do.I work at Colonial chevrolet in virginia and i have 2 helpers ,they have been with me for about a year and there just getting into repairing very small dings.Working on comission and not being sure of what your doing is a good way to starve.I ve been doing it for 28 years and well into the 6 figures,And it does take a long time to be good...HINT bodywork is a lot mental,you gotta be tuff and ride it out.
Kastaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
Mark Lapes
AF Newbie

thats very true kastsaway. But ive learned that you never tell bill hines that you cant do a certain task because im learning that hes the type of boss that wont fire you. He will just make you do it yourself without anyhelp.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
sidestreetreny
AF Newbie

Alright yo....is or is this not Mark from Seal Beach???? I been lookin for yer ass for a minute!! If it is...this is Sidestreet Reny (you gave me that name). If it is, man you gotta get at me, me and Bell been thinkin bout you...George too. Holler
sidestreetreny is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network