Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 2nd Gen 00-05
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
wjltdavis
AF Newbie

Cool '03 Dodge Neon motor mount problem

I bought my '03 Neon brand new and had it 4 2yrs. Since then I have had to replace the transmission and now my motor mounts have gone bad. I was told by one mechanic it would cost me a arm and a leg to replace it. So I wanted to know if the powertrain warranty would cover this type of repair and save me some money.

Last edited by wjltdavis; 08-05-2005 at 06:41 PM.
wjltdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
das2123
Tuning Neons since '97

Send a message via AIM to das2123 Send a message via Yahoo to das2123
Re: '03 Dodge Neon motor mount problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjltdavis
I bought my '03 Neon brand new and had it 4 2yrs. Since then I have had to replace the transmission and now my motor mounts have gone bad. I was told by one mechanic it would cost me a arm and a leg to replace it. So I wanted to know if the powertrain warranty would cover this type of repair and save me some money.
How does he know your motor mounts have gone bad? Do you feel any excessive vibration in the car? I doubt the powertrain warranty would cover it. You can buy the motor mounts yourself and replace them yourself to save some money. Search around for the best deal on motor mounts. They aren't that hard to replace and can be done in less than hour if you know what you are doing. If you don't know, then it may take a little longer, but can still be done.
das2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
99 Neon R/T
AF Regular

If you decide to do it yourself then a Haynes manual would be a good investment.
99 Neon R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
wjltdavis
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '03 Dodge Neon motor mount problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by das2123
How does he know your motor mounts have gone bad? Do you feel any excessive vibration in the car? I doubt the powertrain warranty would cover it. You can buy the motor mounts yourself and replace them yourself to save some money. Search around for the best deal on motor mounts. They aren't that hard to replace and can be done in less than hour if you know what you are doing. If you don't know, then it may take a little longer, but can still be done.
Yes, I have the excessive vibration, which is beginning to become really bothersome and worse with everyday. So I am really eager to replace them. My husband and I agree with you, and my husband thinks he might be able to do it himself.

Thanx!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
wjltdavis
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '03 Dodge Neon motor mount problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Neon R/T
If you decide to do it yourself then a Haynes manual would be a good investment.
Since we are going to give it a try, I agree a Haynes manuel is a good investment.

Thanx!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
rickyzzzz
AF Newbie

got a 03 srt-4 need help with oil light problem
rickyzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #7
SRT-Wannabe
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjltdavis
Since we are going to give it a try, I agree a Haynes manuel is a good investment.

Thanx!!!
i disagree, chilten's manual is more in-depth, but that's just my opinion. i have a haynes manual, and sometimes it really doesn't help that much.
SRT-Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:46 AM   #8
das2123
Tuning Neons since '97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-Wannabe
i disagree, chilten's manual is more in-depth, but that's just my opinion. i have a haynes manual, and sometimes it really doesn't help that much.
I have the Haynes, Chilton's, and FSM for my car
das2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:38 AM   #9
FemaleRacer
AF Enthusiast

I use and like the Chiltons manual. I've replaced my motor mounts a few times and didn't find it to be too difficult. (and I'm far from a pro)
FemaleRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:21 AM   #10
alora69
AF Newbie

my husband and i have an 03 neon...we reciently replaced our motor mounts ourselves...and for about a week it drove as if new...now we have a very bad vibration and rubbing noise when we take off until we hit 50 mph...at first we thought it was our tranny...but its not....can anyone help us to figure out how to align the mounts....since of coarse it didnt do it till after we replaced em...an after all dodge is going to charge more than my car is worth ...please some one help.....
alora69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
das2123
Tuning Neons since '97

Make sure they are torqued down correctly.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
Frozen_Joker
AF Newbie

I have an '04 Dodge Neon SXT. I just had a friend replace a couple motor mounts, and he is a dummy and didn't tell me if there was any others needing to be replaced. So naturally...I still have a vibrating car and when I shift from N to R to D the whole engine essentially still shifts. How many motor mounts are on this car? My friend had replaced 2.
Frozen_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #13
mopar_rocks
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Joker View Post
I have an '04 Dodge Neon SXT. I just had a friend replace a couple motor mounts, and he is a dummy and didn't tell me if there was any others needing to be replaced. So naturally...I still have a vibrating car and when I shift from N to R to D the whole engine essentially still shifts. How many motor mounts are on this car? My friend had replaced 2.
There are 2 engine and 1 trans mount and check to make sure your dummy actually tightened them to spec.!!! (Just kidding about the dummy thing)
mopar_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #14
Frozen_Joker
AF Newbie

Thank you! I will go check out the engine mounts today to make sure. Then I will go to U-wrench it and see if I can find tranny mount for it. I appreciate it. I have a new problem now too. Something that has me bewildered with the vehicle. It seems to be losing "power". Climbing hills, passing people, Taking off from a light. All these things I cannot do as well as I used to. Even with nothing in the car except me. So its not weight. Does anybody have any idea what may be causing this loss of power?

Thanks,
Tony
Frozen_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #15
mopar_rocks
AF Newbie

Tony ... the losing power could be something as simple as it's in dire need of a good tune up OR it could be the catalytic converter is clogged and not flowing as it should. Good Luck!
mopar_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 2nd Gen 00-05