Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:04 AM   #1
1988_CRX_Si
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 1988_CRX_Si Send a message via AIM to 1988_CRX_Si Send a message via MSN to 1988_CRX_Si
~ My 1988 CRX Si ~

Greetings Everyone,

I just purchased a 1988 Honda CRX Si. I was curious about a few things, it is practically stock, in very clean condition, no rust or anything.

With this being said, I am used to my Acura Integra GSR [1998] and the shifter/clutch. Obviously this is not a hydraulic clutch, can this be changed? Is it possible to installa hydraulic clutch?

The shift is a long shift, a simple short shifter package would solve that, but would I ultimately still have to cut the shifter itself in order to shorten it? Or is there a package I can pick up that would shorten it drastically? [Its a big shifter].

When I find a place to host my images, I will put some up. Also, if anyone can tell me, what are the specs on this engine, that I have.

This is what I know so far, according to CARFAX:

Year/Make/Model: 1988 HONDA CIVIC 1500 CRX SI
Body Style: Hatchback 2 DR
Engine Type: 1.6L L4 2BBL
Manufactured In: JAPAN

Can anyone tell me anything? HP? Anything at all? How bad is that? I am thinking of changing it if its gutless. I have a few parts from another car, that will go nicely in the CRX [nos kit etc.].

Thanks for the help.

1988_CRX_Si Guy.
1988_CRX_Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:37 AM   #2
Civic Jim
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Civic Jim Send a message via MSN to Civic Jim
Re: ~ My 1988 CRX Si ~

well number 1 i wouldnt bother changing to a hydro clutch , its not worth it, and as for the short shifter kit that should be able for what you need, if the car isnt quick enough chuck in a B16 if not
Honda Civic EE9 1.6-i VT
Civic Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:36 AM   #3
quiXilver
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to quiXilver Send a message via AIM to quiXilver Send a message via Yahoo to quiXilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988_CRX_Si

Can anyone tell me anything? HP? Anything at all? How bad is that? I am thinking of changing it if its gutless. I have a few parts from another car, that will go nicely in the CRX [nos kit etc.].

Thanks for the help.

1988_CRX_Si Guy.
The Si has the D16A6 engine, about 108 hp (not to the wheels.) First thing I would do is see how much money you have. If you are on a budget, and you already have a nos kit, I'd do the basic intake/full exaust then slap your nos kit on it and have fun. If you wanna spend more do an engine swap. There are plenty to choose from click on the first "Important" thread on the board it will tell you all the common swaps. Also you can do just a head swap which turns out to be pretty potent! a.k.a "Mini-me" I have this swap done myself.
quiXilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:16 AM   #4
sastanley
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sastanley Send a message via Yahoo to sastanley

Dude...where are you from? The carfax data does not make sense. US Si's have the 1600cc d16a6 motor as quixilver said, 108HP, but not carbuerated, as noted in your carfax stuff..the 'i' in Si indicated fuel injection...all 88-91's in the US are at least DPFI (dual-point), the Si's being MPFI (multi-point).
Also, get a short-shifter kit, and don't cut the shifter.
Welcome to the board
DOHC ZC, I,H,E, urethane bushings and mount inserts, rock chipped hood, some rust, stock steelies, nice comfy Integra seats, and the A/C works! What else could you want from an 18 year old car with 241,000 miles? Working on getting the Si tranny in now
sastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
mellowboy
Amy dragged me here...

Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy

You gonna take out the gsr motor in the integra and put in your rex?
mellowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee