Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2001, 01:11 AM   #1
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Thumbs up Spencer Low Racing

Spencer Low Racing

Well I've had good experiences with these guys.

They are always willing to talk about upgrades and what is appropriate for your vehicle. Spencer called me up and wanted to double check on the shocks I ordered before sending them out.

They sent out a new bolt set for my shackles after I mentioned that they were a bit short at no charge.

They seem to have balanced out their pricing after a few changes, and have provided the best customer service of the aftermarket suppliers I've bought from so far.
Schludwiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:27 AM   #2
rhombus
AF Enthusiast

I have to also agree with Schludwiller.
Great customer service and these guys know their stuff.
(I purchased bilsteins and steering stabalizer)

Last edited by Schludwiller; 06-28-2001 at 10:50 PM.
rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:06 PM   #3
Aythya
AF Newbie

Question SpencerLoweracing

Greetings, New to the forums but I emailed SLR two weeks ago and have not received a response yetl. Irealiz that I am on the other side of the country but they seem to be dedicated to the Nissan folks. I have a couple of 4X4 shops near by but for the most part they deal with full size chevys and Fords in these parts.

Does anyone have any info on the Gibson exhaust offered by SLR?

Thanks in advance!
Aythya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:46 PM   #4
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
From what I gather you're better off calling SLR, they don't stay on top of email very well. By phone they're good to work with.

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 12:21 PM   #5
merkossie
AF Newbie

Well, I'm glad you guys had a good experience with SLR.
I ordered an IV intake April 3rd, he never told me it was back ordered, wouldn't respond to e-mail, finally called him 2 weeks later and he told me I could expect to see it in a couple of days,fine, didn't show, called again, offered a tracking number so I figured ok, no problem, probably tied up in the system somewhere. Called again last Tues. get another guy on the phone, he tells me it just left with 6 others! Fine. Now , I'm in the same State, not all that far so UPS should get it to me next day or at worst 2 days, Nothing on Friday so call again, well it seems they still don't have the parts and nothing has been shipped. What?! In the mean time, I've got my credit card statement and I've been charged for it since it was ordered on the 3rd! Now, I don't know about you, but normally in a backorder situation, you don't get charged untill the item is shipped. So I canceled the order then and there. Hopfully he won't screw up the credit he's supposed to give me on my card. All of this wouldn't be a problem for the lack of communication on his part. I don't mind waiting but at least tell me whats happening and don't lie to me when I call telling me "it's been shipped, do you want a tracking number?" Maybe I'm being too critical but I can't run MY business that way!
John.
merkossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:48 AM   #6
4wheelinX
AF Regular

That just stinks...

Try ordering the stage III lift and getting the same treatment. It is really too bad that Spencer develops these great prducts for th X but then sh%ts all over you when you try to order them.....I got the same treatment from then as you did and I spent over $1700 on the lift. You think they would have great customers service if they want to stay in business. Now I have alignment issues to contend with and don't even feel like calling them up and playing voicemail games before I actually speak with someone. Kinda feel like calling up Calmini, asking some questions and just ordering there a-arms....rant rant rant....Just had to get that out ....
4wheelinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 03:05 PM   #7
MapMan
AF Newbie

So when placing an order with SLR would you suggest calling them directly or placing the order via the internet order form? Thanks
MapMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 07:40 AM   #8
4wheelinX
AF Regular

I would call Spencer up and place it directly with him. That way both of you can ask questions...yadda yaddaa..ad.. Good luck.
4wheelinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:08 PM   #9
xterrarider368
AF Newbie

horrible...

SLR is a horrible place to shop I have spent lots of money their on wheel spacers and other things still have not recieve my chackles which i purchases nearly 5 months ago I ended up sueing their company for not bothering to return calls and fraud seccondly before that I bought wheel spacers which never camne with the bolts which I purschased as well. horrible company will never do bussiness with again!
xterrarider368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:42 PM   #10
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Re: Spencer Low Racing

Odd, I call SLR and Spencer answers the phone 85% of the time. Otherwise I get someone else who get's him for me.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:02 PM   #11
ChrisOB
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Spencer Low Racing

I recently placed an online order with SLR for some Bilstein shocks. I had them within 48 hours; no questions, no problems. I'll shop with them again any time!
ChrisOB is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail