Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
02 Cadillac DTS will not start

A friend dropped his 02 DTS off at my house, I am currently rebuilding an engine for him for his truck. Well he told me he got gas and was pulling out of the station and it shut off on him and would not restart.

Well I took a quick look at it yesterday when I got home from work. The FUEL PUMP is not kicking on, I checked fuel pressure and have 0 fuel pressure. Checked the fuel pump relay and fuse under the rear seat - swapped the relay with another one and the fuse was not blown and still nothing. Before I tell him it's the fuel pump I was wondering if anyone knew of any other causes for this, anything else that would keep the Fuel Pump from kicking on.

Thank You
Joe

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

Re: 02 Cadillac DTS will not start

The only thing else I can think of would be the security system. It wouldn't hurt to check the computer codes for any security system problems. But a security system problem should illuminate a light on the dash and display a message.
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81

I checked the security system, the security light flshes when you opent he door but aas soon as you turn the key to the ON psoition the light goes out, so i don't think it is a security problem. Any other thought, I would just hate to replace the pump and that not even be the problem.

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

That's why I said to check the computer codes to see if something else is preventing the car from starting.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

is there anyway to check the codes without a OBD-II Scan tool, does it have a self diagnosis like on my jeep?

Old 07-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

UPDATE:

I just replaced the FUEL PUMP - very easy JOB (30 minutes IN and OUT), for all of you that don't know this - there is an access plate in the trunk, passenger side toward the back of the rear seats, 5 bolts holding the plate on, remove the plate and you will be able to get to the fuel pump.

The car starts and run good now.

Joe

Old 07-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

Good, glad to hear you got it fixed! For some reason those Cadillac fuel pumps don't last too long. Mine died at around 4 years old and 60k miles.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > DTS