Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Elantra | Avante
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
Jelantra'00
AF Newbie

Question remove stock radio/ install new one

I found directions for removing the dash/radio for '04 elantra. Is it any different for a '00 Elantra? Thanks in advance.
Jelantra'00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
Doohickie
AF Newbie

Re: remove stock radio/ install new one

01 was a new design, so, yeah it's probably different. Have you tried looking at Crutchfield.com? They have install directions for many cars.
Doohickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
dubwiser
AF Newbie

i wasn't able to find instructions on crutchfield. i have a '99, tried removing the dash panel myself, it was a b!tch and a half. i got the the thing loose but could not remove it completely. it seemed like something was still connected but i tried my best to locate all screws (just one behind the dimmer switch) to no avail whilst breaking a piece of the air control. i gave up and took it down the street for a $40 install. they fixed the piece i broke and everything works perfectly.

good luck.
dubwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
peachferrari
AF Regular

Search the forums here, this question has been addressed several times. The body style was the same for 96-2000, so you should be able to find some answers that way. Just quickly, there is a screw behind the dimmer and I believe another behind the ashtray. Then there are clips holding the sides of the trim and the heater switch prevents your taking the whole thing off. Take the knob off (the one with blue/red for hot/cold adjust) and pull upwards on the box connected to the back of the trim to get it off.
peachferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:31 PM   #5
dubwiser
AF Newbie

damn, i could've used those tips!

ahwell.
dubwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:54 PM   #6
elantra98alberta
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to elantra98alberta

holee damn i had a bitch with taht to i have a 98 and my temp dial doesnt work anymore and i had to literaly rip teh stock out and now my new deck doesnt work at all only wen i connect the pos yellow and red to the stock blue wire while the deck is also connected to teh stock neg black and i thought of connecting direct tot eh batery witht eh positive becuz my deck is fused and the ignition is fused and my deck has a neg 13vdc charge and i am assuming the best way to ground it would be to hook her up to the chasis any suggestions peoples cuz i dunno wat to do its weir that it works wen its the red and yellow to teh blue wire oh dang thats the antena i think mayeb its making the deck run backwards i e reverse polarity hrm i wonder the deck also gets really really hot on the heat sink like burn the face plate on the console hot lol
elantra98alberta is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Elantra | Avante