Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
my94baby
AF Newbie

anyone tried a Blade filter? plus some issues

Hello!

It seems a little quiet here. Anyhow, I am thinking of getting a Blade exhaust filter for my 94 twin cam. (I can never remember if it's SL or what-all.)(Oh and also I need to measure my exhaust pipe to see if a Blade is even an option.)

Anyhow, first though, at my last smog check, the lovely young man told me I need a new catalytic converter, so I need to do that first.

But there are a couple other things that've been happening, so I thought I'd throw them out there and see if anyone has comments.

I have to add oil a lot more often these days, like once a week. Maybe a third or half a bottle. But it doesn't seem to be leaking. What does that probably mean?

It seems a bit more slow to accelerate than usual. Mind you, it was never what you'd call sporty. Is there a way to fix that, or is that like asking you to read me an encyclopedia?

My check engine light goes on and off sometimes, usually on the freeway and I may imagine this, but often if it has gone over something bumpy. (Also, it seems as though when I add coolant, this happens less.) This happens less than once a month though.

When I start the car in the mornings, there is a pretty strong gas smell. Naturally I feel bad for the neighbors. What might this mean and what could I do about it? (My friend said smoke/vapor came out too, once, when she saw me starting it.) I can't smell very well a lot of the time, but even I notice it.

Anyhow, does it sound like anything horrible is about to go wrong? Or is this just random, old car stuff?

And ... anyone tried a Blade?

Thanks for any and all comments!!! and Happy Holidays!!!!
my94baby is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW