Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Vitara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
tydog8
AF Newbie

Answers to all your keyless entry problems!!!!!

2003 MODELS
These vehicles have the programmable Keyless Controller Assembly. Use the applicable Service Man-ual
to diagnose the concern. For component parts refer to 2003 Model Parts Catalog.
NOTE: Replace only the individual components as necessary. DO NOT install a set.

2001 - 2002 MODELS
All 2001-2002 models with keyless entry systems have a factory installed non-programmable controller
assembly. This controller is identified by a white connector and only supports the
original two transmitters provided with the vehicle. When servicing any component of the system, or if
transmitters are misplaced, it requires the replacement of the controller assembly and its transmitters as
a set.

heres the part number

37190-66D10 Keyless Controller Set 1 2001 - 2002 Grand Vitara, Vitara
(includes controller, [2] transmitters,
Keyless Entry System Owner’s
Manual Supplement)

2003 and programmable fob procedure

If transmitter/door lock controller is replaced with new one or additional transmitter(s) is necessary,
program transmitter code(s) as follows:
1) Confirm that all the doors are closed and the ignition key is out of the ignition cylinder.
2) Open the driver’s door. Insert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
3) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
4) Push and release the driver’s door switch (1) 3 times within 20 seconds.
5) Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
6) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
7) Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (2) on the transmitter (3) for more than 5 seconds
within 20 seconds of removing the ignition key from the lock cylinder in step 6.
8) Press LOCK or UNLOCK button (2) on the transmitter (3) within 5 seconds (after step 7). All the
doors will lock/ unlock to confirm that this process has been properly done.
With this process, the transmitter has been programmed.
9) If you want to program an additional transmitter, repeat the procedure from Step 1) through Step 8).
10) Make sure that the keyless entry system properly operates by operating each transmitter.

If you guys ever have anymore questions feel free to post them up or email me directly at tydog8@hotmail.com
tydog8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tydog8 For This Useful Post:
partsboy22 (08-22-2012)
Old 10-14-2003, 08:33 PM   #2
Samurai Hamster
AF Newbie

Are you a suzuki tech?

What can you tell me about the 2.0 j20A engine? Is it as good as I hear? Does zuki make tough engines?
Can you get TSB for these rigs?
Old 04-04-2004, 08:14 AM   #3
thepartsyouneed
Banned

Re: Answers to all your keyless entry problems!!!!!

What is the difference between FCC: M0ZD01TB and FCC: M0ZD02TB?

Is this the difference between 1st and 2nd generation remotes and which can be re-programmed?
thepartsyouneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 04:49 PM   #4
tydog8
AF Newbie

nope they both look identical. Only way to tell is to look at the module under the dash and see if it says reprogrammable on it.
tydog8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:21 PM   #5
Shagn Wagn
AF Newbie

I bought a remote from ebay for the 98-00 Grand Vitara and I was trying to re program it , on one of the post I seen in here it said you had to hold the ., I guess it's the reset button on the module and it didn't do anything ( and it wasn't white or red either...it was blue, is this a different module?) Any help with this would be great...Thanks
Shagn Wagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #6
GVitara
AF Newbie

I Have a 2002 suzuki Grand Vitara. The transmitter stop working, then I replaced the battery but I coudn´t program it.

The controled have this PART NUMBER :
37191-65D20

Do you know how to program it?

thanks
marcelo428462@speedy.com.ar
GVitara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #7
sgvitaraguy
AF Newbie

Question Re: Answers to all your keyless entry problems!!!!!

Greetings! When I tried this procedure, the doors locked/unlocked immediately after step 6 before I could even get to the transmitter buttons in step 7. The fob didn't get programmed. I tried it several times with the same results. Any idea why it would do that?

[quote=tydog8]2003 MODELS

2003 and programmable fob procedure

If transmitter/door lock controller is replaced with new one or additional transmitter(s) is necessary,
program transmitter code(s) as follows:
1) Confirm that all the doors are closed and the ignition key is out of the ignition cylinder.
2) Open the driver’s door. Insert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
3) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
4) Push and release the driver’s door switch (1) 3 times within 20 seconds.
5) Insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to ON position within 10 seconds.
6) Turn the ignition switch to OFF position within 10 seconds, remove ignition key from lock cylin-der.
7) Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons (2) on the transmitter (3) for more than 5 seconds
within 20 seconds of removing the ignition key from the lock cylinder in step 6.
8) Press LOCK or UNLOCK button (2) on the transmitter (3) within 5 seconds (after step 7). All the
doors will lock/ unlock to confirm that this process has been properly done.
With this process, the transmitter has been programmed.
9) If you want to program an additional transmitter, repeat the procedure from Step 1) through Step 8).
10) Make sure that the keyless entry system properly operates by operating each transmitter.
sgvitaraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
Haymore
AF Newbie

Programming 1999 & 2000 Vitaras and GVs

On the drivers side remove the plastic panel below the steering column by removing 3 screws at the bottom of the panel, then pry gently at the top which is held by spring catches.

Working through the openings now uncovered locate the black plastic control module which is slightly larger than a deck of cards. On the side with the wiring connecters there is a rectangular slot. Inside the slot you will see a button next to the red LED on the circuit board. Note: there are 2 connecter sockets but only one is used.

Turn on the ignition switch for 3 to 5 seconds, then turn it off. Quickly push down on the button next to the LED, using an insulated screwdriver or a popsicle stick. The red LED on the module will start flashing indicating it is in the learn mode, push the lock button on each remote (one remote at a time), then the unlock, and last both (original equipment 2 button remote) or the panic on later replacement remotes. Let the module 'learn' mode time out (within 4-5 seconds) -- try your remote(s).
Haymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
nephtys9
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: Answers to all your keyless entry problems!!!!!

[quote=tydog8;1246389]2003 MODELS

2001 - 2002 MODELS
All 2001-2002 models with keyless entry systems have a factory installed non-programmable controller
assembly. This controller is identified by a white connector and only supports the
original two transmitters provided with the vehicle. When servicing any component of the system, or if
transmitters are misplaced, it requires the replacement of the controller assembly and its transmitters as
a set.

heres the part number

37190-66D10 Keyless Controller Set 1 2001 - 2002 Grand Vitara, Vitara
(includes controller, [2] transmitters,
Keyless Entry System Owner’s
Manual Supplement)"

Hello, and thank you for your time in advance. So, I have a 2002 Grand Vitara and the keyless entry works sometimes and not others, mostly not working. I already located and swapped out both the fuse (pain in the ass!) and the battery for the Key Fob hoping it would be an easy fix. No such luck! Does this mean I basically need to replace the whole Keyless Controller Set as mentioned above?

Am I understanding that that's the next step if I really want this to work?

...or, do I need to get under that dash cover again and look at model numbers to make sure there's not a way to reprogram, or whatever? *ackk... I loathe car crap!*

Last edited by nephtys9; 08-02-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: another question
nephtys9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Try to clean the circuit board inside the remote with an old tooth brush. Sometimes the contacts just get gunked up over time.

We do have replacement Vitara remotes if needed:

http://originalkeyless.com/searchqui...eywords=Vitara
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Vitara