Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
s281er238
AF Newbie

Need Help 95 Cutlass Supeme

I Have 2 Questions I Know The 95 Dint Have A Odb Read So Do You Guys Know How To Do Diagnose With The Wire That People Do
\
And My Car Is Having A Weird Problem It Ha K I Bought It 4 Years Ago Replaced All Sensors And Water Pump And O Sensor Now All The Sudden When I'm Driving The Car Decides To Stutter And Rpm Bounces Up And Down Its Not Getting Enough Fuel Or Air Or Power Coming To The Engine And Then It Stales And When Press The Gas Nothing Happens Then When I Urn Is Of And On A Couple Times Goes Away What Can This Be Oil Pressure Light Comes One And All The Other Lights But I Think Its Cause Of The Car Stalling And Stuttering It Misfires And Then It Will Let Go And Its All Back To Normal I Cant Find Out What It Is Its Intermediate
Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: Need Help 95 Cutlass Supeme

You need a scanner capable of reading this particular year. BTW very tough to read your posts, anyway check fuel pressure when this occurs, look for at least 40 psi.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
mrstg65
AF Newbie

Your car should be OBDI (mine is a 93 and it is.) If not it is the very beginning of OBDII. If it is OBDI you can test for codes with paper clip or jumper wire. Under the dash between where your knees are when you are driving there is a terminal block. Remove the cover and you will see two contacts on the upper right side.
you need to turn your ignition on but DO NOT start the engine and jump these contacts with the wire. If you do it right, your radiator fan will begin to run and you service engine light will begin blinking in sequence. You will need to notice how many times it blinks and write the numbers down. GM starts of with code 12
(one blink, a short pause, and then two quick blinks.) It will flash code 12 three times. If all is well it will continue to just flash code 12, if not it will blink the number of the trouble code it has stored. For example, 3 fast blinks , a pause and 4 more fast blinks would be a code 34 (MAF sensor circuit problem). You can get the code meanings on line in many places. It will continue to flash all codes until it is done and then flash code 12 again. There are diagnostic scanners for OBDI but I have never seen one for sale to the public. This should work for you.
Hope the codes shed some light on your EGR problem..Check your plugs and wires also.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
maxwedge
A990 racer

95 is not obd1, it is the transition year to obd 11 and the paper clip issue will not work.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
mrstg65
AF Newbie

Yes, the Cutlass was one of the cars that went OBDII in 95. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
s281er238
AF Newbie

The Car Just Stutters And Shuts Off And I Try To Start It Dosent Any More I Replaced Fuel Fileter Spark Plugs And Wired Worked Fine For A Week All The Sudden Just Turned Of Today While Driving
Old 04-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
maxwedge
A990 racer

If you are unable to perform the required checkas when this happens, I might suggest you get it ot a mechanic from our desk we can only suggest what has been already mentioned, when it dies do you have spark and fuel pressure, step one.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #8
s281er238
AF Newbie

I Get Gas From The Pin When I Push It In It Shoots Gas Out And Spark Seems To Be Fine

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series