Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 09:23 PM   #1
bigtd65
AF Newbie

Question Colorado Wheels

I received an 04 2wd Z85 Extended Cab Colorado as a gift. It's a great truck, have had it for about two and half months and have 5200 miles on it so far. I drive it about 450 miles a week and have driven it from Michigan to Georgia once. It has a manual transmission and no cruise (unfortunately, get a sore back/shin once in a while) as well as the 4-cylinder. I had S-10's prior to this with 4-bangers and the Colorado L4 is head and shoulders above the S-10. Colorado moves pretty well. My only complaint is I have the 15" steel wheels. They are so small and look like crap. I'm looking to upgrade the wheels to another set of stock wheels. Any idea how big I can go? I am looking to go with the Z71 wheels, but am not sure how that will impact the rest of the vehicle. I know the speedo will be off, but am not sure about anything else. Any thoughts? I’ve tried to talk to multiple dealers and Chevy Assistance Center, but no one has been able to give me any information. Dealers are pretty much useless…Any information would be much appreciated.
bigtd65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #2
Totmacher
AF Newbie

Lightbulb

if you want GM wheels you could go with a set of the 17" wheels that are standard on the colorado Sport model. Or the Intro Prowler 6 wheels look pretty good I think. They come from 15" to 22". I'm considering a set of 18x8 or maybe 19x8 for my colorado.

I think with the 4 cylinder engine, it might be best to use aluminum wheels (not steel), size 18" or smaller to keep the weight down. As far as the speedo or anything being off, I don't think it would be anything major to worry about. Main thing, as long as you can still turn sharp enough, go for what looks good to you I guess.

link to Intro Prowler 6.
http://shop.sportruck.com/intro/6.htm
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical