Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
brainbrake
AF Newbie

Transmission will not come off

OK, I have this really really big problem, and I realize this is going to test your knowledge, but I will forgive you if you fail to help me. So here we go: I have a 1983 Chevrolet S-10 pickup with the 2.8l V6 and 5-speed transmission. I stopped at a stop light, see, and then there was this huge explosion, like a really big firecracker, or stick of dynamite going off, then I had trouble shifting, I drove about a mile and that is far as I could go, and had a tow truck pull me home. the garage said it would cost $700 dollars to fix it, putting in a new clutch. Don't have the money, so I have been working on the truck myself. I have taken everything off the truck that needs to come off, and I bought a 1/2 inch, 3- foot socket drive so I could get it passed the transmission and put a pipe on the end of my ratchet to break loose the bell housing nuts, and I took them out, but no matter what I do, I can not pull this transmission off. I have a transmission jack under the transmission. I have shaken it, put a chisel between the engine and bell housing and pounded it up, the bell housing has moved a 1/4 of an inch, but that is it. Any advice for a desperado?
brainbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:40 AM   #2
Mous
AF Newbie

Re: Transmission will not come off

universal joints disconnected?
Mous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Stuck on the dowels? Is the very top/center bolt removed from the housing? I believe some of those 60° V-6s had an extra bolt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue Bowtie For This Useful Post:
Tech II (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #4
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Agree with Blue.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis