Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 08:25 PM   #1
voldemort
AF Newbie

'95 Infinity J30 Parking Brake Indicator

Hi
I have a 1995 Infinity J30 with 121k miles. Lately, the parking brake light does not go off even after I pull the parking brake release lever completely. I can feel that the parking brake has released but the light remains on. Can anyone suggest how I can check if the sensor has gone bad and how I would go about repairing this problem.
Thanks

Voldemort
voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
rrj30
AF Newbie

Lightbulb brake lights

The j30 brake system is 2 part, the normal brakes and parking. You should ckeck the parking pads.
rrj30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 04:38 PM   #3
kwaskow
AF Newbie

Parking pads?? Two braking systems??? not hardly.

The parking brake operates the same set of rear pads as the normal brakes.

There is an adjustable sensor on the brake pedal probably. THis is typical. Also you might try pulling the parking brake pedal upwards slightly by hand to see if the light extinguishes.
kwaskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:07 PM   #4
boingo82
Can't polish a turd.

If the parking brake light stays on until you start going, and your battery light is also on temporarily, it means your alternator is not fully charging the battery anymore. That could be related to your problem.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
DavidDock
Banned

Re: '95 Infinity J30 Parking Brake Indicator

The Infiniti G37 Coupe is a successor of Infiniti G35, powered by 3.7L V6 VQ37VHR engine which boasts 330 hp power, it was a more powerful engine version compared to the G37Sedan. Transmission is offered in either 6Gmt
manual transmission or automatic transmission.
Inside this manual you will find various useful information regarding Infiniti G37 Coupe’s Specs and Techs, maintenance, repair/service, engine overhaul and also controls and features.

Parking Sensor
DavidDock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
Speedy_1234
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Speedy_1234 Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy_1234

Seems to me the sensor on the back of the parking brake got stuck
Old 09-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
swimshark
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to swimshark Send a message via MSN to swimshark

The braking system is two parts. Mine used to do this and I found out I just had to tug a bit harder on the lever/pedal itself and it would go off. If this isn't the case, I'd pull off your rear rotors and check the pads on the inside along with the inside of the rotor itself and look for grooves where the pads may have been rubbing a lot. Parking brake system only utilizes the rear rotors. The fronts are only used for normal braking.

My Car! Check it out.
swimshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 AM   #8
77i9
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimshark View Post
The braking system is two parts. Mine used to do this and I found out I just had to tug a bit harder on the lever/pedal itself and it would go off. If this isn't the case, I'd pull off your rear rotors and check the pads on the inside along with the inside of the rotor itself and look for grooves where the pads may have been rubbing a lot. Parking brake system only utilizes the rear rotors. The fronts are only used for normal braking.
the brake pads would have nothing to do with the indication problem. Normally indication problems are associated with switches activated by the brake pedal/lever. Either the switch got stuck or the circuit does not open/close anymore. Find the switch and check it.
77i9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
canadiantech16
310s (canadian tech)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
Hi
I have a 1995 Infinity J30 with 121k miles. Lately, the parking brake light does not go off even after I pull the parking brake release lever completely. I can feel that the parking brake has released but the light remains on. Can anyone suggest how I can check if the sensor has gone bad and how I would go about repairing this problem.
Thanks

Voldemort
chances are that your park brake is seized behind the disc brake rotor is your e brake it's mechanical like a drum brake. that may be seized on you would have to do a full rear brake job including park brake.
canadiantech16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
77i9
AF Newbie

he already stated that he can feel that the brake releases. as I have stated on my recent post, the brake indication switch is normally located by the lever(be it hand lever or foot lever). In time, the switch can get stuck in either the open or close position.
77i9 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria