Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 04:23 PM   #61
Edho2002
AF Regular

Why doesn't everyone drop it? Life is way to short so why sit in front of a computer and argue about who is right and who is wrong? I'm staring out my window right now and I see the beautiful sky and the wonderful weather so I'm going for a drive and I'm going to enjoy the day. Move on please, getting tired of looking at this post and hoping there be more info on S/Cs but instead see people attacking each other
Edho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 01:30 PM   #62
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

now you're just being ignorant, and annoying... and most of all belligerent

but for those of you who just like to resurrect arguments after they've been settled.
jackson, whipple, paxton, powerdyne

just a few companies that will put together a supercharger kit for any car, foreign or domestic. anyone with the slightest knowldge on superchargers knows they are universal. it's the hook up that makes the difference.

There is no way you can tell me a jackson racing supercharger won't work on a maxima. and anyone who knows anything about cars(not you obviously) knows that jackson or paxton is just as reliable of a name as vortech.

Jackson Kit includes Eaton supercharger with 3.4" pulley on a part no. 45SP1288 or 3.8" pulley on part # 45SP1292; fuel pressure regulator, an intake manifold; ignition timing set to 8 degree BTDC.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:03 PM   #63
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
Umm, not to jump back in this again, but the jackson racing S/C won't work on the max as you described it. The intake manifoldf or one, will not fit, 2: The timing on the max is only adjustable via a ECU reprogram, or a modified J&S safeguard computer. Their is not much room between the intake manifold and the hood on the max to fit an eaton blower... not to say it couldn't be done, but it would be a LOT more difficult. Best design would be to go from above the current pulley's, run off of them, mount the S/C on the right side of the engine, and route the intake piping to the intake manifold. Thier, I'm out of the conversation again...

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
now you're just being ignorant, and annoying... and most of all belligerent

but for those of you who just like to resurrect arguments after they've been settled.
jackson, whipple, paxton, powerdyne

just a few companies that will put together a supercharger kit for any car, foreign or domestic. anyone with the slightest knowldge on superchargers knows they are universal. it's the hook up that makes the difference.

There is no way you can tell me a jackson racing supercharger won't work on a maxima. and anyone who knows anything about cars(not you obviously) knows that jackson or paxton is just as reliable of a name as vortech.

Jackson Kit includes Eaton supercharger with 3.4" pulley on a part no. 45SP1288 or 3.8" pulley on part # 45SP1292; fuel pressure regulator, an intake manifold; ignition timing set to 8 degree BTDC.
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:16 PM   #64
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

I don't know if i totally agree with that, but it's not worth anymore nonsense.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #65
ptatohed
AF Newbie

:o)

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
I don't know if i totally agree with that, but it's not worth anymore nonsense.

You haven't answered my question. How many other Maximas have you seen with a SuperCharger other than Vortech?

That's what I thought.
ptatohed is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35