Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 12:53 PM   #1
grille-tech
AF Newbie

How many people on here are interested in custom grille's ??

Hello

My name is Chris Driver with www.grille-tech.com I just want to know how many of you would consider a custom grille for your Acura or Honda? We have started a website and offer many types of grille's for Honda and one for Acura Integra 92-93. Basically I want some feedback from you on what type of grille you want us to make !! And maybe some feedback on how we can make our site better. Please respond and please if you have a car and you can't find a grille for it or you just don't like what other companies have to offer, please let us know!!

Thank You
Chris Driver
www.grille-tech.com
grille-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
Marc-OS
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Marc-OS Send a message via AIM to Marc-OS
I'm interested in a mesh grill, but you don't have them for CRX's.

4/8/04 - My CRX is officially dead, RIP Lucy
Marc-OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 07:40 PM   #3
grille-tech
AF Newbie

What year CRX do you have because we will look into making a grille for that model?
Old 02-27-2002, 08:02 PM   #4
Xplocivic
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Xplocivic
Dude, people can make these grilles themselves for waaaaaay less money then you are trying to charge. Guess how much I made mine for? $18, and thats only because I had to buy tin-snips! Your prices are way high!
Xplocivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 08:42 PM   #5
grille-tech
AF Newbie

1st off is your grille powder coated?? 2nd we aren't selling chicken wire!! 3rd not everyone wants or knows how to make thier own grille's 4th go to some of our compeditors website's and compare pices!
Old 02-27-2002, 09:15 PM   #6
Xplocivic
AF Fanatic

OK, my grill isn't made of chicken mesh either. It's made of diamond cut sheet metal or whatever, the stuff anyone can get at Home Depot. Powder coated? No. Painted, yes! And , indeed, it does stand up to the elements and rocks and such. Why would I compare prices? I know they are all charging way too much. I bet you make a 90% profit on those. Good for you. Bad for the suckers who buy into it. For those who aren't interested in making their own, then they deserve to pay rediculous prices, cause the grilles are rediculously easy to make. Thats just my opinion though. Good luck in your business venture.
Xplocivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 10:16 PM   #7
crxlvr
Slowest Automatic Civic

Send a message via AIM to crxlvr
i would have to agree, making these grilles is easy, a retarted monkey can do it.

Stable Of Cars I have Owned:
1991 Honda CRX
1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
2003 Honda Accord
1998 Chrysler Concorde
2007 Honda Civic
1997 Toyota Camry
1995 Saturn SC2
1996 Ford Taurus
1991 GMC Sierra
2002 Daewoo Leganza
1999 Dodge Ram
2007 Honda CR-V
2003 BMW 325i
crxlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 02:15 AM   #8
DemonicAccord
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to DemonicAccord
you don't have a 94/5 Accord grille....BAAAAAD move
Old 02-28-2002, 03:16 AM   #9
hb4_2000
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hb4_2000
.... d.i.y. grill is the way to go,you could prolly make one with three fingers its so damng easy:toothless
crystal red tails(winter)
clear tails(summer)
euro corners/bumpers
hyper whites
white emblems
d.i.y. grill
custom exhaust
hb4_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 12:24 PM   #10
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by grille-tech
1st off is your grille powder coated?? 2nd we aren't selling chicken wire!! 3rd not everyone wants or knows how to make thier own grille's 4th go to some of our compeditors website's and compare pices!
I'm sorry to say, but like the guys above said, you'd have to be a fool to pay $90 for a stupid piece of metal grill. I mean maybe if it was $40 or even $50, you might have a deal, but selling your's $10-$20 cheaper than the competitor isn't much of a bargin on an already overpriced product to begin with. Just my $0.02. Don't get me wrong, your grills look very nice, and appear from the pics to be excellent quality, but the fact of the matter, is, when you can make your own like I did for UNDER $5.00 a $90 grill is gonna seem like the stupidest choice one could make, sure not everyone can fabricate their own grill like I did, but ripping them off (and that's what I see a $90+ grill as) because of their lack of how to make one, isn't justified either.

And for the record, my grill is NOT POS chicken wire (that was a kind of ignorant statement for you to make, considering MUCH of the mesh grills out there are NOT chicken wire to begin with), it's construction grade galvinized steel drywall insert lathe mesh. It's WAY more sturdy than aluminum chicken wire, is very inexpensive too, by (UNDER $3 for a 3x8 foot "sheet" of it). Plus you can coat it, and even if you just cut it, put it on, and DON'T coat/paint it, it's still weather resistent, I've had mine on for almost a year now, and even being steel, it has NOT rusted one milimeter yet. Not to mention with the size of the sheet it came off of, I can fabricate at least a half dozen more of them, and sell them to friends at a VERY reasonable $25-$30 if I wanted to. VERY reasonsable I must again emphisize.

If you want to sell/advertise these, please make a post of your product in the "classifieds" forum, thanks.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 03:06 PM   #11
markpa
AF Fanatic

u really must think people are complete morons to charge them $90 for grilles...thats insane. Thats the dummest thing ive ever seen.

For anyone thinking of buying from this guy DOnt Make your own, choose the type of grille you want and paint it the way you want. And youll save yourself a load of money plus youll have the satisfaction of making it on your own.
markpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:19 PM   #12
soul180
AF Enthusiast

awww...i think you guys scared grille-tech away....hehe
Old 03-01-2002, 07:53 PM   #13
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by soul180
awww...i think you guys scared grille-tech away....hehe
Not at all, he's more than welcome to the forums here.

I just want to hear a quality argument why anyone should charge $90+ for a grill, let along the almost $200 that Grill-Craft charges for their grills. I'll give Grill-Tech that his grills are a quality honeycomb holed look grill that is different from the usual diamond hole ones we all put on, but that still shouldn't make the price high, and I know fabbing the grills isn't that expensive. So in a sense I'm just challenging Grill-Tech to explain why his grills or any grills sold out there are so dang expensive. I'm not out to flame or anything, I just wanna know why out of my own curiosity.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 09:05 PM   #14
xivera
AF Enthusiast

Nice grilles, Chris!

Your first mod = HELMS MANUAL!!!
xivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:04 PM   #15
Xplocivic
AF Fanatic