Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 09:34 PM   #16
keith_u
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to keith_u
Re: Re: Re: Re: broken speedometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike73
Thanks for the info keith. Got one at the junk yard. and it works wow!! Now I get to do the CV joints fun!!!
done those too... drivers side is not too bad to do,passenger side hope you got small hands cause the bolts on the inside by the tranny are a little tricky.get a book for the car if you don't have one already will be most handy.best if you can get a FSM if not a chilton will do fine.
keith_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 03:16 PM   #17
mini4mw
AF Newbie

broken speedometer fixed

Many thanks to lkly2l.
My Speedo is about 5mph fast at 80mph (passing the radar signs on the highway that tell you how fast you are going) and I had thought this meant that the speedo was about to break. 6 months later the speedo worked intermitently for 2 weeks and then quit. Its the only reading on the dash that died.

Like some of the others here i had already pulled apart the dash expecting to find a broken cable leading to the trans, (it has a section for the speedometer cable in teh chiltons book), but alas there was none. Searching online brought me here. lkly2l directions were good on for the speed sensor. its a few inches below the oil filter, verticle mount and about 2" in diameter. I pulled mine out, but in doing so the top cap came off. It appears that the top part (where the electical wires go, its black) fits snuggly into a verticle metal piece that is attached to the transmission. So if you unbolt it you should have 2 pieces (if you pull the black piece out with the wires). I put mine back together and now the speedo works. I think the black piece was not in all the way so it was not making a connection to the spinning wheel inside the speed sensor.
mini4mw is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35