Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #181
turbotwo1
AF Newbie

Re: 1995-2003 S10 & Blazer Front End Clunk Pop Fix!!! Read!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1power69
LT, is that part still availible at dealers? i'll have to test my truck to see if i have that dreaded rattle.
It should be I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Just use the part number that u can find earlyer in this thread. I think it was about $3 for one at my dealership.
turbotwo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #182
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

checked mine today, hood hinges are solid so no clunk there
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain
ZL1power69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:20 AM   #183
dmtorres6
AF Newbie

Talking Re: 1995-2003 S10 & Blazer Front End Clunk Pop Fix!!! Read!!

Blazer LT - You are a genius!!

I tightened the hinge bolt on the passenger side and..........NO MORE NOISE!!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting this. I dropped off my truck at the local GM dealership and they kept my car for three days without finding the source of this noise. The work order said the technician lubed the wheel stops. I still heard the sound immediately after leaving the dealership. I was so mad that I didn't bother turning around to complain and lose my car for another few days. TheY fixed my fuel gauge issue and I'm happy about that but I don't understand why the technician didn't refer to the advisory concerning this issue. I fixed the problem myself in 15 minutes thanks to your post. Thanks again Blazer LT my truck feels solid again. No more embarrassing clunks, squeaks, and burps!!!!
dmtorres6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #184
TheTeZ
AF Newbie

wow, this thread has been alive forever.... i really hope this will solve my problems..... i have a s-15 91 v6 4.3L jimmy and ive got this horrable clunk, i am really hopeing this will solve my problem, i just replaced my ball joints and let my shop do it this time cost me 400 bucks which i am not happy about, ive gotten so many other things replaced all mybushings replaced..... am not sure what i have done about my sway bar was going to check that....

My problem is; around turns i get this loud clunk that i can feel on the floor. i can feel it on the drivers side, but passengers say it is VERY noticable.
i will try the hood thing see if its loose at all tomorrow, and when i get some money see about the torsion bar mounts, or see if they are loose....

this should work with a 91 right?
TheTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #185
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeZ
wow, this thread has been alive forever.... i really hope this will solve my problems..... i have a s-15 91 v6 4.3L jimmy and ive got this horrable clunk, i am really hopeing this will solve my problem, i just replaced my ball joints and let my shop do it this time cost me 400 bucks which i am not happy about, ive gotten so many other things replaced all mybushings replaced..... am not sure what i have done about my sway bar was going to check that....

My problem is; around turns i get this loud clunk that i can feel on the floor. i can feel it on the drivers side, but passengers say it is VERY noticable.
i will try the hood thing see if its loose at all tomorrow, and when i get some money see about the torsion bar mounts, or see if they are loose....

this should work with a 91 right?
Clunking in an 1994 and earlier is usally due to the torsion bar mount pretty well under your driver's or passenger's seat.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #186
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtorres6
Blazer LT - You are a genius!!

I tightened the hinge bolt on the passenger side and..........NO MORE NOISE!!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting this. I dropped off my truck at the local GM dealership and they kept my car for three days without finding the source of this noise. The work order said the technician lubed the wheel stops. I still heard the sound immediately after leaving the dealership. I was so mad that I didn't bother turning around to complain and lose my car for another few days. TheY fixed my fuel gauge issue and I'm happy about that but I don't understand why the technician didn't refer to the advisory concerning this issue. I fixed the problem myself in 15 minutes thanks to your post. Thanks again Blazer LT my truck feels solid again. No more embarrassing clunks, squeaks, and burps!!!!
Glad you all are happy.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #187
bb1081
AF Newbie

99 Blazer Fuel Probs. There is very little fuel pressure in the lines. Is there a clog or is the pump going bad. I checked the fuel valve (on top near the carb.) and it drizzles out....
bb1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #188
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1081
99 Blazer Fuel Probs. There is very little fuel pressure in the lines. Is there a clog or is the pump going bad. I checked the fuel valve (on top near the carb.) and it drizzles out....
Change your fuel pressure regulator.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #189
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1081
keep this on topic please . Post a thread in the problem diagnosis section.
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain
ZL1power69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #190
dmtorres6
AF Newbie

Talking Re: 1995-2003 S10 & Blazer Front End Clunk Pop Fix!!! Read!!

Update: After tightening the bolts the sound went away for about two weeks
until I hit a really rough road under construction. The noise came back with a vengence. At least this time I knew where it was coming from thanks to BlazerLT's tip.

I then purchased the spring washers. I only had noise on the passenger side but I put the washers on both sides. Now everything is nice and snug. No slop. Still can't believe the dealership did not refer to their service advisories. Truck feels solid again despite all its quirks. At least one quirk is gone.
Thanks again BlazerLT
dmtorres6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #191
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtorres6
Update: After tightening the bolts the sound went away for about two weeks
until I hit a really rough road under construction. The noise came back with a vengence. At least this time I knew where it was coming from thanks to BlazerLT's tip.

I then purchased the spring washers. I only had noise on the passenger side but I put the washers on both sides. Now everything is nice and snug. No slop. Still can't believe the dealership did not refer to their service advisories. Truck feels solid again despite all its quirks. At least one quirk is gone.
Thanks again BlazerLT
*clicks heels* *salutes*
Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 AM   #192
05blazer
AF Newbie

Blazer LT, I was wondering what was changed in 2004 as your original post states "from 9?-03". I have a 05 ZR2 with 77k that has a bad case of the clunks coming from the front drivers side, to the point of me crossing my fingers on washboard roads!! Intrestingly I checked the hood and have about an 1/8 of inch play on the PASSENGER side. Four year old thread still going strong... thanks in advance for any suggestions....
05blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #193
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05blazer
Blazer LT, I was wondering what was changed in 2004 as your original post states "from 9?-03". I have a 05 ZR2 with 77k that has a bad case of the clunks coming from the front drivers side, to the point of me crossing my fingers on washboard roads!! Intrestingly I checked the hood and have about an 1/8 of inch play on the PASSENGER side. Four year old thread still going strong... thanks in advance for any suggestions....
Probably the same thing. The cone washers should fix it right up. Good luck.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #194
05blazer
AF Newbie

Might as well change the year to 1995-2005...... I did the fix and it worked flawlessly on my 05....... and I'm sure saved me some serious $$$$$$... thanks Blazer LT.

As a side note: truck returned the favour by turning on the CEL and unfortunatly unlike the clunk I don't think it will be a $10 fix. Thoughts and ideas welcome here http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=924387.
05blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #195
linz1985
AF Newbie

Smile Re: 1995-2003 S10 & Blazer Front End Clunk Pop Fix!!! Read!!

So yeah I totally stunned my fiance by fixing clunk noise since this thread showed me how.. But there is still vibration going on.. any sugestions???
linz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info