Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
vitaly1995
AF Newbie

Unhappy problem with heating in 1995 Isuzu Rodeo

I have no heat (or cooling for that matter) in my 1995 Isuzu Rodeo. It started by me turning the switch to "3" or "4" and NO air coming from the vents except for some burning smell. I checked the 2 fuzes EB-4 and EB-5 together with a relay and they all fine. So I think that the blower is fine. I took the car to the PEPBoys. They told me that the problem may be with the switch, however, they didn't want to fix the car. I pulled the whole panel appart, cleaned the contact on the runner. Still nothing. I think that there may be something with the resister block. But I can't find it. Can someone help.
vitaly1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
95.5 Rodeo
AF Regular

I scanned a photo for you and tried to upload it to my gallery. It didn't work. I see others are having trouble with this feature which always worked in the past.

Anyway, to answer your question, the resistor block is behind the glove box on the 1995.5, your 1995 is probably the same.

With an Ohm meter, you should have continuity between the light green/black, blue/orange, blue/red wires and the blue/black wire. Each one will have a different resistance reading, of course.

In looking at the schematic, I see the resistor block contains a thermo fuse as well. If it blows, you will not have continuity on any wire combination.

Let us know how things work out...

Dale
95.5 Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:21 AM   #3
vitaly1995
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: problem with heating in 1995 Isuzu Rodeo

i truly appreciate your help. this was the problem. i changed the block and the fan works!!! However, when I bought the block at isuzu dealership, they told me that I should check if there is anything binding with the blower. When I drove back, I did hear some weard noises for short periods of time, which forced me to turn the heat off. So, my questions are: why did the resister block burned? should I change the motor also before the new block burns?

by the way, I think that this website is great. I will continue using it to solve problems and recommend it to my friends.
vitaly1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
95.5 Rodeo
AF Regular

Good to hear you have heat now.

If you have any leaves, twigs or anything else binding the blower fan or if the motor is worn out, it will increase the amps required to rotate it. This will probably burn out the "thermo fuse" I mentioned earlier.

FWIW, I think I'd take a look at the blower fan and motor. The resistor block burned out for a reason.

Hopefully this will not be too difficult to do.

Good luck,
Dale
95.5 Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
beer-b-q
AF Newbie

blower assy

I have a 96 rodeo and kids. I have had to take the blower out a few times to remove coins etc. On mine there are 4 screws underneath the blower remove those and it should drop down.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU