Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Town Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 02:28 PM   #1
acarinneed
AF Newbie

Headlight Issue

1997 Lincoln Towncar. The headlights always worked perfectly until the low beam went out on the drivers side. Bought new bulbs and put them in. Then when I turn on the h/l's, they come on bright with the high beam light on the dash on, even when in low beam mode. When I turn on the high beams, the dash light stays on, but the headlights go dim (dimmer than low beams). Put the old bulbs back in and the headlights work exactly as they should (but without a low beam on the drivers side still, of course). Replaced the bad bulb only with a new one, and the headlights are still messed up but even a little weirder (it's like the lights are toggling back and forth between bright and dim, like school bus lights). Any ideas? The bulbs O'Reilly's sold me are 9007 and I had them triple check that that's the right ones.
acarinneed is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
headlights
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > Town Car