Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
nyteshade
AF Newbie

!lol!

LOL my friend's GS-R exploded....i watched it gosh i never knew HP could leave the car and run into the air like that haha....well I DON'T WANT NO GS-R. so now I'm back to the drawing boards.
nyteshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:38 AM   #2
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: !lol!

The GS-R is a fine car, if you friend blew it up, he probably did something very stupid.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:05 AM   #3
nyteshade
AF Newbie

well then which is better type-r or gs-r?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:19 AM   #4
baileypicks24
AF Newbie

Re: Re: !lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyteshade
well then which is better type-r or gs-r?
lol do some research dog

The Type R is arguably one of the best FWD handling cars ever made.

See what I'm saying?

To make a long story short insurnace on a Type R is killer. Apparently its considered an "exotic car" by these insurance pigs so in some cases its sometimes thousands of dollars more expensive to insure (per year). But of course the only way to find that out is to get a quote based on your record.

Thats unfortunately what happened to your buddys GSR. I've almost NEVER heard of these b18c1 motors "blowing up" unless the person was doing something reeeeealy stupid (like boosting 15 lbs on stock internals or whatever). This motor is one of the more popular motors in the tuning world not only because its a generally fast motor (on low-budget tuner standards) but because its RELIABLE. Dont let that incident scare you away. Compared to the Eclipse GST/GSX or other similar cars, the GSR is your best bet in terms of reliability and Ill argue that any day.

Whatever you do good luck!
baileypicks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:37 PM   #5
nyteshade
AF Newbie

well i did some research and talked to a couple ppl around my way and they said dropping the type r engine into the GS-R would be good to do....is this true or would i be better off spending that money on mods to the gsr? (intake headers and exhaust).
Old 07-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #6
baileypicks24
AF Newbie

So youre gonna buy a $10k GSR, then find a SUPER RARE b18c5 (Type R) motor to swap it in?? You can buy a WRX for that much after labor and everything.

Why are you so set on a Type R motor? A GSR motor is a beautiful motor with plenty of potential. Is this your first car?
Old 07-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #7
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

Seriously, don't get infatuated with the Type R badge. For the money you'll save getting a GS-R instead of a Type R, you can make said GS-R faster than any stock Type R.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:52 PM   #8
nyteshade
AF Newbie

hmm so which is better then GS-R or the Type R i mean i would like a fast car stock which would satisfy my need for speed (lol) but yeah handling isn't all too much important to me cause I'm a great driver and there are not alot of curves or turns where i live mostly just straight shots. Which would you suggest...
Old 07-29-2004, 01:31 AM   #9
baileypicks24
AF Newbie

Please dont get a Type R if you wont be using it to its full potential. Its a RACE CAR. It doesnt have cruise control to save weight. Honda was considering leaving the A/C out to save even more weight...so you see what a racing beast this vehicle is?

I mean you'll just be wasting money! I can almost guarantee youll be happy with a GSR. GO test drive one and see if you like it.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:50 AM   #10
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

maybe you shouldnt get either one. i think you should learn ALOT more before you try to get a car like this.....no offense but it takes knowledge to be able to own either or these cars..

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A