Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Chariot Grandis
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #61
SKYFERNET
AF Newbie

Re: Navigation & MMC

The navigation system is the touch screen with the tv,eq,cd,tape
SKYFERNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #62
JAZZYJAY33
AF Newbie

Hi gavin....i have a chariot grandis exceed 1998 and there is nothing on screen ....i live in england,uk and bought this car a month ago....it has no cd player under seat and someone has bodged the wiring for an after market stereo system which they also blew....they wired the battery the wrong way round somehow.....i have a black screen...no lights or error message does the cd player power the screen if so can any cd/dvd player operate it....please help as i have a huge headache as i have the perfect car in x03 black,tinted screens,full bodykit and want it all to work ......i feel like suicide
JAZZYJAY33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #63
JAZZYJAY33
AF Newbie

Red face Re: Navigation & MMC

Hi Im a newbie ....live in uk and bought a chariot grandis exceed a month ago....There is no cd player under drivers seat....Can any cd player plug in and run the disc or does anyone know the part number if not....please as the car came with an after market stereo which was blown and i looked at the wiring and it has been totally bodged and a mess....i have now after several hours working out which wire was what have refitted the original iso connector that i found under the carpet under the drivers seat....and have purchased an adapter to fit after market stereos.....i have just purchased an alpine tape player with cd multi-changer(6 disc) but want to get my mmcs working fully before fitting the stereo....any help would be very much appreciated and does anyone have a copy of the disc it a 1998 chariot grandis exceed 2.4 gdi.......many thanks in advance
Old 11-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #64
Luis Ernesto
AF Newbie

Hello everybody, I just bought a second hand 99 mitsubishi chariot grandis but I have not been able to run the MMCS. There`s a blue screen with two messages in japanese and when I insert the cd it starts changing the screen but in the back of the other blue screen. If anybody can help me to solve this problem I will greatly appreciatte it.

Luis Ernesto
Luis Ernesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #65
JAZZYJAY33
AF Newbie

hi what is the part number of your cd player if you dont mind me asking...does any messages come up on the screen?what does it look like...if you can photograph the screen and send to me at unit1keystonegroup@gmail.com
The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZYJAY33 For This Useful Post:
Luis Ernesto (11-16-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #66
Luis Ernesto
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZZYJAY33 View Post
hi what is the part number of your cd player if you dont mind me asking...does any messages come up on the screen?what does it look like...if you can photograph the screen and send to me at unit1keystonegroup@gmail.com
Hi, I will look for the number and also will take a photograph of the screen and send it to you. I wish you can do something to help me.
Luis Ernesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #67
drummond
AF Newbie

has any one got the cd that convert the screen to english i have the reboot cd but not in english and can i get new zealand maps for the unit
drummond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #68
Trainee
AF Newbie

Hi all, I live in New Zealand and this is my first post on these forums and like so many others I have a question about my Jap import.

I have a 2003 Grandis with touch screen (mmcs (i think this is what it is called)). There is a dvd player under the front drivers seat and a 2nd screen behind the front seats in the roof (no model numbers yet sorry).

Now unlike all the other posts i have read about the system not working mine does work but it is all in Japanese, I am trying to translate it using pictures I have taken and using the internet to work out the translation but not having much look. With all the topics and discussion over numerous websites I am totally astounded that there is so little info about these systems. There was one topic about a website being made to coalate all the info into one site but this seems to have dropped off the radar and is no longer available. With so many Japenese imports into this country someone somewhere must know most if not all the answers by now. But anyway enough of my rant here are the questions i would like to have answered if possible please.

1) All NZ dvd's are in PAL so i am pressuming this is the reason why they won't play in the dvd player, they need to be in Japanese format to play but I did read about an option in the system (maybe not mine) about setting the NTSC to PAL. Can this be done ? If so how ? or does it have to be a NTSC dvd in the first place ?

2) Is there anywhere on the internet (someone may know, I can't find anything) which has the translations for the various screens ?

3) I have heard the language is hard coded into the system so there is no real way of changing it to english. Is this true ? Someone wrote about having the main chip replaced with the code on it at a cost of around $1400 is this true ?

4) I have found in my travels on the internet several sites selling after market systems which from looking at them you take out the dash screen and replace it with one of these. Has anyone done this ? If so do all the systems features work how they should ?

5) I downloaded a firmware .iso named MR285494_2003 It has 4 files in it but I have not found out any info about what these files actually do. Can anyone tell me in laymans terms what this firmware will actually do ? I.e. new software for the system and english built in ? New software but still Japanese ?

I know this is a lot of questions etc but there is way to much missleading info when doing searches that it would be nice to actually have straight answers, these forums seemed to have the best results so far but for all the wrong topics and/or from years ago. I would of thought that if the problem existed about the language barrier 7 years ago surely it should of been fixed by now.

Anyway looking forward to everybodies comments and hopefully straight answers too .

Regards Trainee.
Trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #69
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

contact me at vrongav@talktalk.net i probably know more than most on this subject.
gavinveronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #70
wiki1959
AF Newbie

I have just purchased a 2007 Mitsubishi Grandis (Japanese Import). Every manual is in Japanese. We can play CD's and the radio. We cannot operate the DVD player or anything on the screen. We cannot change the clock either. Does anyone know what is the best way to convert everything to English? I would appreciate any info possible...Thanks. Here is my email wiki1959@live.com
wiki1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #71
Jason70
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd1 View Post
Thanks for that. Our cd was in the cd player under the front seat. Do you want us to cut a copy for you?
Hi matt, can you please do me a copy. My name is Jason and my e-mail address is jase_orin@yahoo.co.nz. I live in Hastings, Hawkes Bay.
Jason70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #72
izeeu2
AF Newbie

Hi there, just wondering if you found any answers to your questions, we have a grandis excellence 2004 same specs as yours
izeeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #73
mauro1072
AF Newbie

there is a solution to convert the Japanese language to English in 2003 mitsubishi grandis.

best regards
mauro1072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:11 PM   #74
castsatellites
AF Newbie

Hi there
I have a 2000 chariot with sat nav under drivers seat. I want to change it to english but also UK maps??? Now is there a disc to do this or would it be easier to just change the stereo and sat nav unit to UK version ones?????
castsatellites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #75
el_jaay
AF Newbie

HI all. I have a 1999 Galant vrg. my problem is that my MMC screen stopped working. Does anybody have a link as to where I can purchase one? Or can anyone tell me if a newer MMC would work with my car and how?
el_jaay is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Chariot Grandis