Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Forced Induction Discuss topics relating to turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrous oxide systems.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
raheezy
AF Newbie

manifold on EJ20

hi there

im pretty new at this. still in the learning process. i have a non turbo ej20. yeh i know pretty gay but i had to get it.. its a long story.

i wanna turbo charge it and at the same time maybe save some cash so the question is, is there any way to use the standard headers and run a pipe up to the turbo from all the way down from around where the Catalytic is?

can someone please help me out

i dont mind reading so dont really mind long answers

thanks

raheezy

Last edited by raheezy; 01-21-2008 at 03:41 AM.
raheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
02wrx
AF Newbie

Re: manifold on EJ20

after you spend all the money to turbo and engine management and all the goodies you will need to manage a newly aquired turbo you might as well save the money to buy a turbo EJ20 out of a WRX and swap for it. you won't even have to change the tranny! I suggest you upgrade the clutch to a twin plate at least and a stronger lighter flywheel to put that new power on the road without more problems to face in the future. Get a WRX ECU too, or get your current one flashed or tuned.
02wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
raheezy
AF Newbie

Re: manifold on EJ20

thank you for that.. i have arranged a WRX motor. just a bit worried about the gearbox. i will be putting in a lighter flywheel and a stronger clutch in when the motor is out. will i be prone to having problems with this gearbox?

another thing is the WRX ecu.. just wondering how difficult this would be. i cannot find much on subaru legacys.

any help would be great
raheezy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction