Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 07:38 PM   #91
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fly Rice Racer
Sarcasm anyone?
- AEM Cold Air Intake(Blue)
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Kumo Sport DirectShift Conversion Kit Bushings
- Neuspeed Front Upper X-Brace Strut Bar
- MOMO Crystal Shift Knob(blue)
- M3 Power Mirrors w/ Turn Signal
- Ignited Push Button Starter(Blue)
- Hyper Blinker Strobe V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Tinted windows 35% on sides and 20% in the rear
- Sound System: Sony M650 head unit, Kicker SL7 12" Solobaric, and a bridged Rockford Fosgate 360a2 amp.
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Kamikaze Header 4-1 w/ Straight Pipe
- Apex-i VAFC

Old 10-18-2002, 08:48 AM   #92
Jaggy
AF Newbie

Lightbulb

you people sure make me laugh. over here arguin domestics and imports. lets face it they both have their ups and downs.

American cars - made with big engines, big gas eaters, big power, big torque (well, for the most part) oh yes, did I mention big gas eaters ? well you can get decent gas milage as long as you dont pass 2500 rpm lol. viper, corvette, saleen, etc. yes they eat lots of gas, but were not made to be daily drivers. they were meant for people that want a high performance car and dont care about gas, dont usually have intentions to tune the car, and want to be fast.
Jap cars - made with small engines, good gas milage, shitty power, and torque, we wont really get into that. I'll give respect to a few that were meant to be performance cars. the 3000gt vr4 (yea yea yea, it's a boat, weighs 37xx pounds (almost 2 ton's), etc. but there are a few things you guys dont know. you can rev it up to even redline, dump the clutch, and you beraly spin the tires, all you do is take off, wwhhheeeeee, it handles like a dream, it has a great LUXURY interior, full leather, etc), the rx7, toyota supra (love the car, only complaint is the interior, kind of a plane interior but I still want one), 300zx (they needed to invest a bit more money in those, my stock vr4 does circles around a stock tt 300z, but I will give them credit on top-end), acura nsx (wow, what a gorgeous car). all these cars were made to be competition to the american muscle/high performance cars.
in general the americans had and most still have the theory of simple is better, which I agree with. to a degree. look at something else. the 3000gt vr4 is faster than the camaros, corvettes, and trans ams. that is ofcourse until 97-98 when they changed engines. the LS1 engines are good. stock for stock my ws6 walks my vr4, but it does so slowly. my vr4 takes almost all cars off the line and it's a lot of fun.
now as for your debate between the skyline and the viper racing up the mountain/hill/forgot what it was, lets think of what you said. a "TUNED TO 500+ HP SKYLINE" there is a key word here and that's "TUNED" most people that buy the vipers buy them for their name and reputation and usually have no intentions of "TUNING" the car. if you tune the skyline, why not tune the viper. you invest 1000 in the skyline, invest 1000 in the viper. make the race more realistic.
and to finish this long speach (hmm is anyone sleeping yet ?), hondas and toyotas were made to be economical and reliable cars. that goal was reached. the s2000 is the only honda that I can think of that was not meant to be economical, it was a great attempt at a race car. hit the target pretty good for a 4 cylinder. but my vr4 is still faster :-D just say it's due to the two extra cylinders, and the turbos and it's all good hehe.

Jaggy
00 ws6 I just love sliding :-D
Old 10-18-2002, 10:22 AM   #93
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to blindwhite
now someone is arguing over some things other than efficiency. haha, see, no one can just talk about FaF2 pictures.

I doubt you can "better tune" a viper for a 1000 dollars to meet and/or beat for that race. The race was realistic. the viper can only afford to take the hood off. It's inefficient. are you back on track now?
Pictures....Pictures....Pictures......what do you think?
Old 10-18-2002, 02:26 PM   #94
bobo_80
AF Regular

Question

what is APC....?

searched the net...and it came up with some human resources stuff...
Old 10-18-2002, 02:32 PM   #95
markpa
AF Fanatic

Apc is the leading manufacturing of aftermarket parts in the usa. Its called the American Products Company.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:51 PM   #96
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

APC = cheap shit
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Sound System: Sony M650 head unit, Kicker SL7 12" Solobaric, and a bridged Rockford Fosgate 360a2 amp.
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Apex-i VAFC

Old 10-18-2002, 09:08 PM   #97
BingBingMa
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BingBingMa
APC has hardly any performance products, they carry mostly cheap eurolight ripoffs, ugly body kits, and other decorative stuff, and soemhow their decal got on the skyline.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:37 PM   #98
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

I didn't even know that they made parts for Nissan Skylines.
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Apex-i VAFC

Old 10-18-2002, 10:19 PM   #99
BingBingMa
AF Regular

they dont make parts for skylines, unlees u count generic crap like shifter knobs, bulbs, and gt wings and shit, they probably put the sticker on there so Americans have something to identify with on a car thats not usually seen in the States. (heheh, horrible product placement)
Old 10-18-2002, 10:44 PM   #100
-Kharmis
AF Newbie

Exclamation More pics

Heres a few more pics, revealing some more of the cars.

Is that a corvette Grand Sport i see? ^^

Lol at the neons
Old 10-19-2002, 12:42 AM   #101
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Talking when?

:frog: BtW, when is the movie supposed to show?

Is the setting of this movie in miami, florida?

If so, hell no! It should stay in Los Angeles for there is where the capitol or Hot Rodding is. Anywhere else would have no meaning. Especially in a state where morons don't have the common sense to vote and keep things organized. Don't they know that likewise a scantron will read wrong if not NEATLY filled within the box-similarly, hole punched clean.

Wow look at those tail lights...
Old 10-19-2002, 11:09 AM   #102
BingBingMa
AF Regular

the wide body dodge dakota looks sweet, mebbe its a tt 6 cylinder, lol prolly a v8. The pinked out s2000 is kinda gay looking, if it ends up that a guy is driving that i will walk out of the theater. the golddust supra looks great tho, and even the skyline looks decent from the back, when u dont see its ugly paintjob
Old 10-19-2002, 02:29 PM   #103
gotbike78
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gotbike78
I would just like to state that Craig Lieberman is and pansy hunk of crap. Leave it up to him to ruin an r34 skyline. Who in there right mind would put an APC sticker on a right side drive, imported from Japan, kick you in the nuts and laugh at you automobile. I mean does APC even make anything for a skyline? other than pedal covers and a shift knob? You can tell that those skylines are his doings, total rice

Thats all I can handle
Old 10-19-2002, 10:15 PM   #104
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Cool nice

Right on bruda. Skyline GT-R definitely does that, and the moron that agreed to do that to the car in the movie needs to be kicked in the nuts by a Skyline GT-R most definitely. How dare go so low as to do that to a car for more money.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:20 PM   #105
BingBingMa
AF Regular

doesnt really matter, at least they have a skyline, even tho it is ugly, looks rnt that important, i woudl rather have sleeper anyday, like a 20b powered 2nd gen AWD protege/familia sedan. heheheheh.....