Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 959
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 09:05 PM   #31
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by crayzayjay
bill gates didnt manage it eh? well, its nice to see the guy fail at something for once

cheers
jay
i'm sure he failed at getting pussy in high school.... lol
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 02:43 PM   #32
fearless_simian
AF Enthusiast

it is completely impossible to drive one on the streets in the us. to make them leagal you have to have them crash tested by the gov. but porsche, who's sole goal on this car was to make the ultimate car with this one, was not willing to let any of thier pieces of art die. these cars were sold at an enormous loss to porsche. I think they costed something like 50k more to produce then they sold them for. at least that is what i have heard. amazing car though.
fearless_simian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 12:12 PM   #33
NJTy180
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NJTy180 Send a message via AIM to NJTy180 Send a message via Yahoo to NJTy180
i dunno guys, i just read this thread and i dont think i saw anyone mention the fact that its All Wheel Drive.....
I would also not say this car has a 0-60 in just over 4 seconds. From everything I have ever read on this car, the 0-60 times are in the 3.6 sec range. I mean c'mon, my truck does 0-60 in under 5 seconds, more like 4.7 probably, so give Porsche a little me credit
Also, I think its possible to get one in the US, driving it may be a different story. If Bill Gates had as much knowledge in the automotive world as he does cash, he could do it...
Old 01-21-2002, 09:08 AM   #34
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
It's not possible to get one in the US , because of the emission rates , and crash tests they didn't pass becuase they are to valuable to be crashed... Anyway this thing someone told about porsche was losing on selling it... nobody would do it , but it was really hype , you couldn't just go to the dealer and buy one , you had to be famous or something like that , borris becker wanted one but they didn't make one for him , althought he wanted to pay the bill . So try to imagine how it was...
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:01 PM   #35
NJTy180
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NJTy180 Send a message via AIM to NJTy180 Send a message via Yahoo to NJTy180
i have no doubt in my mind that you could have one sent to the US as "parts", then reassemble it back to its original condition. its been done before.
NJTy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:43 PM   #36
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

there are a few 959s in the US.... i think it's around 10
forget where i read it
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 01-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #37
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
there are a few 959s in the US.... i think it's around 10
forget where i read it
I have real doubts about that one...
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:57 PM   #38
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

here's a little article about it: http://erntheburn.tripod.com/autos/959/95911.htm

yeah it says there are no legal 959s in the US, but there are illegal ones around
Old 06-10-2002, 11:34 AM   #39
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

the 959 has gotta b one of the most under rated cars ever. it was wayyyyyyy ahead of its time and will still make many new "super" cars look stupid. The F40 was better yeh, but is there anything the F40 isnt better than for speed, handling, noise, driving experience and basically everything?
Old 07-09-2002, 11:03 PM   #40
Shadow1
AF Newbie

Actually, it is now legal to own a 959 here in the US. I can't remember where I read this but it was about 1 week ago. Supposedly Bill Gates got a law passed (don't quote me on that) to allow certain "illegal" supercars to be street legal here. However, there were a few rules & regulations that still had to be followed. I think emissions had to be passed (not sure) and there were a few limits. No distributor could import one of these cars. Also, if you imported one and followed the rules for making it street legal, there was a max limit on yearly driving (2k-3k miles per year I think). I could have sworn this was in an article, in a magazine or in the news. Has anyone heard of this?
Shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 08:38 AM   #41
arthur12187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to arthur12187
so painfull to c this!:cry:
ahhh
Old 03-08-2003, 08:57 AM   #42
Shadow1
AF Newbie

Oh God! I'm crying right now. Whoever recked that 959 should be shot. They could donate the wreckage to me though, and I would forgive them.
Shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 09:21 AM   #43
arthur12187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to arthur12187
lol!
this is the site where they have aton of wrecked exotics!
wrecked exotics
Old 03-09-2003, 05:00 AM   #44
crayzayjay
CFA

sadist!
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 08:51 AM   #45
gerd
AF Regular

MOre truth

1) 284 original cars. 8 more latte including one for M. Schumacher, since sold.

2) The "gates" bill> Show and Display. See Autoweek, 1/9/01. Gates car. (have VIN) here since 2001.

3) there have been approximately 20 illegal 959s in the country since 1988. Ask Canepa. But don't believe they are all his.
Lauren, Dr. Stone, Hendick (now M. Jordan/Oakley Sunglasses), one 959S in NC, Canepa, varies, Oats Chanlders (last 959S, 905030), other htat have floated through Andial at one time or another.

4) currently there are 30 959s here under S&D.
gerd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 959