Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > PC Gaming
PC Gaming The place to talk aobut all PC games like rFactor, GTR2, Grand Prix Legends, Nascar 2003 and many more.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Do you SimRace?

Welcome all sim racers and gaming enthusiasts, first off I'd like thank TwoSpirits for setting up this subforum, which was much needed, not only for an outlet for us simracers, but a place for beginners to learn about the best mods, gaming peripherals (wheels/pedals/etc) and most importantly how to drive like you mean it. My first warning, simracing is not video gaming, no matter what others say. It's a simulation, as real as a computer can make it for you, and you know computers are EXCELLENT.

I play a few games, but I focus on 2 of them, rFactor and GTR2. I have the name Dyno247365 when I play, my real name is Dan Mays and some leagues need full names, they're professional like that, and they're totally free. Online play is great, but watch out for people that like to play by crashing into you. In Leagues, you're guaranteed to make friends and meet great and safe racers, beware though, they're not pushovers. I personally know 3 or 4 professional race drivers that play in my league, SimCar. The most famous being...find out for yourself, hint, he's in ALMS.
www.simcarracing.com

SimCar deals with open wheel racing, so if it isn't for you, try it anyway, as a racer you should want to drive everything you can get your hands on. There's tons of closed wheel (GT and prototype) car leagues too so check those out.

To anyone who thinks they're no good, here's what i say to them, Finish a race. Did you finish it without a DNF? You're good.

To those who think they're better then everyone, I got news for you, you aren't, and I'm not playing up myself either, as much work and time I put into simracing and practicing offline, your racing is never over. Hey you!! Never give up!!

Simracing is something to be enjoyed, if you feel like you're working too hard, just relax and have fun with it, speed comes with experience more then talent.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 5spd!!!
1987 Chevy Iroc-Z- -Needs a new cat
1992 Nissan 240sx 5spd- SOLD
Dyno247365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Re: Do you SimRace?

No offence but it terms of how the games play, i don't think GTR2 is that different to GT4.
Of course there are things like damage in GTR2 but if you play the games like me and don't plan on crashing, there's not much in it. There are also differences between how the cars tend to behave but that's because of the nature of racing cars.
The actual racing doesn't feel that different to me.

By the way, stop with the hyperbole.
It's just a game.

For your information, Nick Heidfeld plays GT4.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:40 AM   #3
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec

GTR2 seems to arcade compared to GTR1, i got both and would much rather play GTR1 even though it has less eye candy.. My main sim is LFS, and pretty much nothing can touch that in the physics department.

I don't see how you can compare gtr2 to gt4. gt4 is crap in everything but a little eye candy, even then GTR2 on low still looks better. GT4 has the worst physics out of all gt series. hell even enthusia has better physics!

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:17 AM   #4
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

I compare them because when I play them, they don't feel that much different to each other.
The only differences come in because the cars are designed with different tolerances. Braking, accelerating and steering are different because the factors associated with them are different which has not a lot to do with gameplay.
How the cars behave under braking, acceleration and steering feels pretty much the same especially if you play with a steering wheel. Ive recently gotten myself a decent enough steering wheel and GT4 is whole new game.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre98zetec
GTR2 seems to arcade compared to GTR1, i got both and would much rather play GTR1 even though it has less eye candy.. My main sim is LFS, and pretty much nothing can touch that in the physics department.

I don't see how you can compare gtr2 to gt4. gt4 is crap in everything but a little eye candy, even then GTR2 on low still looks better. GT4 has the worst physics out of all gt series. hell even enthusia has better physics!

In GTR I have heard (didn't play yet, good idea though) that you could spin at times you're really not supposed to and in GTR2 it's more grippier and in that way more realistic.

I haven't played GT4 in a while, I almost totally forgot GT4's physics, but it felt like you had so much more control in a JGTC race car on Suzuka then you should have in a Fia GT car in GTR2, and the AI were pushovers. I recall fnishing all of japan's races in a DAY, they were easy. In GTR2, I literally hate racing against the Ai in career mode (or I did) because they are so much faster then me. Maybe now that I have more control I can compete. But there's nothing more boring then getting to 1st place from behind the whole pack and staying there for like, a lot of laps.

I played the HD demo recently, and the super soft tires on the Ferrari 599 GTB made me cringe, I was DRIFTING AROUND EVERY TURN, that's not humanly possible, ESPECIALLY on softs. The demo was fun but just a game, not a sim by any stretch of the imagination. Ever since I started simming, I've totally changed my outlook on console games.

If you still want to play console games more, play Toca. It's awesome and you can qualify before your race.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
bdave04
AF Newbie

Anybody play F1 Challenge or RFactor? Those are some really fun games to play especially if you join a league and race seasons. Words can't describe the fun of that!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave04
Anybody play F1 Challenge or RFactor? Those are some really fun games to play especially if you join a league and race seasons. Words can't describe the fun of that!
rFactor is one of my favorite PC games!! I never got a chance to play F1C though. I download cars and tracks for rFactor all the time and sometimes I spend weeks preparing for an online sim race.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
catus
AF Newbie

I decided to put up a Team X-Sim Server to see how it goes. I am currently testing some different configurations, and request that you report any and all issues / suggestions here.

You will see the server from within your game after clicking multiplayer. It is named 'Team X-Sim Server Beta' It has already held two races, and I think that most of the bugs have been worked out
dui
catus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > PC Gaming